Geoduck diver injured

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of diving is that, using an air hose from the surface?

As a matter of reference, in international and most US waters the most commonly known diver-down-flag (red with white diagonal stripe) has no legal significance. Some states do have laws that recognize this flag, but when in international or most US waters it is the "Alpha" Flag that carries the legal weight. This is a white/blue flag which can be seen at the web site below

http://www.dive-flag.com/alpha.html

Cheers

hachiroku:
It's called hookah diving.
Or more generically, "Surface supplied diving".

Roak

wedivebc:
Dive boats need to start carrying shotguns. Then we'll see people respect a dive flag boundary

Now THAT'S What I'm talking about! I'd upgrade to the mouted .30 cal belt fed machine gun, however. Some boaters are totally out of control and need to be taught some manners.

roakey:
Or more generically, "Surface supplied diving".

Roak

Right on, and considering they were diving for Geoducks and is a commercial fishing business, a hooka based rig is the most economical option. :)

Commercial diving is like this as well, is it not?

wedivebc:
Dive boats need to start carrying shotguns. Then we'll see people respect a dive flag boundary

I think this is the type of logic that should be avoided if we are trying to ensure the safety of divers in the water.
Everyone knows that twin 50 cals have a far greater rate of fire and hull perforating capability:D

I'm sorry, what was that? Oh you didn't know what the flag meant, O.K.
:wazzup: :bigun2:

Back
Top Bottom