Geo 2.0 Snorkelling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anoniimous

Registered
Reaction score
I need to pick the brains of smart people!
Just started using an Oceanic Geo 2.0 - really like it! Thing is, was snorkelling the other day and it started logging a dive. Gone through the manual and can't say I've found a way for it not to log. Did the online training and they don't cover gauge mode. If it could be used purely for depth without logging, that'd be awesome. Any ideas?! Please feel free to link me to another discussion if this has been covered!! You're all the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've been able to set it to freedive but was wondering if there was a way for it not to log. Worst case I look for freedives when syncing and just dump them.

tbone, I think you might be missing his point. S/He wants it to not keep the record of his/her dive in the computer's log. I suspect it's going to do that whether it's in Gauge mode, Freedive mode, or normal mode. In other words, I suspect that s/he cannot do what s/he's trying to do and will, as s/he said, just have to delete the snorkeling "dives" when s/he downloads his/her log.

didn't realize this still logged in gauge mode, many don't. With that it appears that you are stuck logging though after 24 dives they just kick the oldest one out.

you can also set 'wet-activation' to off then your DC will not activate any mode even if you do a freedive while snorkeling, untill you do it manually. this should sort our your problem. you can always switch it back on when you're diving.

Wet activation is off. Seems to keep it in watch mode instead of surface/DC mode when in the water, but once I swim under 5 feet for 5 sec (to look at a turtle or eel or something) then it starts computing. I was thinking the WET-OFF would keep it off too. Hmmm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom