Genesis valve parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daved222269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m trying to rebuild old Sherwood 6300 valves. Northeast scuba supply has o-ring kits. It states on their website, seats are not available anymore. Does anyone have a source for seats? Has anyone successfully used a different brand seat in it’s place? Thank you.

Seats seem to last almost forever. I've rarely changed one except for some almost new LP 98 tanks I got that had soft junk seats that got chewed up in less than a year.
If it will seal when closed, but leaks when open, then the seat is likely OK and other parts (o-ring, teflon washer) need replacement.

Ok thank you. I haven’t even pressurized these used tanks or valves yet. Taking the tanks in for hydro. I just thought it would be good to do a full rebuild. I’ll clean them up and get the o ring kits for them. Thanks

Take one apart. They aren't complicated, but take some pictures or get a diagram if it's your first time.
Having said that unscrewing the valve nut without the slotted tool, especially if it's not had much care can be a bit of a hassle. Get one of those tools. After that it's mostly just a crescent wrench and common sense. You probably will want some 90 duro #010 O-rings and teflon washers.
I hope the kits don't become completely unavailable. I've got a mess of HP 100/80 tanks.

Maybe you check the Trident A208-T1 seat, looks like that could be the one.
Says Sherwood Genesis T1 HP seat.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom