General survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevinw9

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am doing a project for an Engineering class where I have to make a start up company and invent a product based on peoples needs. In order to find needs I have to get data through interviews and surveys. I would appreciate it if some of yal could answer these few quick questions regarding scuba diving.

1 What are some major concerns for divers when their underwater?
2 Do you get distracted a lot during diving? Is getting distracted pretty dangerous to a diver?
3 What is something that you noticed during your last dive that could be made easier?
4 Do you have a wrist computer? Are they helpful? What could be improved with the wrist computer?
5 How often do you check your gauges?
6 Did you ever get lost or lose your buddy?
7 Do you think there is a need for a warning for getting separated?
8 What makes go buy a certain brand name product or go to a specific scuba store? (Price, ease of location, friendliness, service, etc.)
9 How do companies reach out to you to get your sales?
10 Do you prefer to buy equipment at a Dive shop or online?
11 Would you ever dive with someone you don’t know?
Thank you for answering!

0. learn proper grammar

1. breathing
2. I don't, but most divers lack general situational awareness which is very dangerous
3. can't think of anything in particular I'd like to change
4. yes. yes. made cheaper. It is a Shearwater Petrel btw
5. in OW, once every half hour or so depending on depth. In a cave, every 15 or so minutes depending on depth
6. no
7. no
8. as an engineer it is always about finding the best values. What is the best ratio of cost/quality/customer service. Where does the law of diminishing returns come in.
9. I usually get a text or an email from my contact at various companies, but I'm an exception to the rule
10. yes. My LDS is not local to me, but having a good online presence is 100% required in this day in age
11. it depends, I do all the time in certain circumstances, never in others. I don't dive with new buddies in deep, silty caves. I will dive with anyone in a quarry.

1. What tbone said. Their underwater what is breathing.
  2. Distracted from what? If I'm there to look at colourful fishes, seeing a pretty fish is hardly a distraction.
  3. Getting to the dive site. E.g. from Midwest to Caribbean.
  4. What tbone said: yes, helpful to very helpful, cheaper would be nice.
  5. Depends on the depth, more often at the end of the dive.
  6. No.
  7. Buddy locator would be more useful in the event of separation (liquivision lynx has one). Under normal circumstances you don't get separated in the first place.
  8. Bang per buck, where bang includes quality, service, etc. -- not just the price.
  9. I give them my e-mail address.
  10. My best local dive shop is 2 hours away so I buy from them online.
  11. Ever: yes. There may be cases where I woudn't.

1 Usually nothing, sometimes the person I am diving with.
2 No
3 Lighter, smaller tanks with the same are greater capacity.
4 Yes, Yes, Price
5 Gauges? I don’t need no stink’n gauges
6 Yes but it was on purpose.
7 Like no longer being able to see my buddy???
8 Quality
9 I hope they don’t
10 Craigslist
11 Afraid so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom