Gekkos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I both use and enjoy the Gekkos. We use it in a wrist mount made (on right forearm) sold by DSS, with redundant elastic cords.

We have our Suunto compass in a similar DSS wrist mount (left forearm), and a SPG as a stand-alone gauge.

My wife is able to use it, and also to navigate through it to review her logbook and reset her nitrox levels on a daily basis.

I'm a new diver and like my Gekko, but I admit I don't have a lot of experience with other gear. I also like to do the math for the tables in a notebook to see the difference in the two methods. So far, it hasn't been too extreme.

Going through the logs is the one thing I've had to look up a few times, but that's minor.

I like my Gekko, but yes, it was a little hard to figure out how to run through the dive logs. Like any computer, the more you use it the easier it is. However, I would advise against relying totally on any dive computer for depth at the expense of not having a depth indicator on your console. Everything we do as divers is depth related. It never hurts to have a back up. Use the Gekko depth reading, by all means, but include a depth indicator in your console. If I'm doing an unguided dive, I also slap a watch on just so I will have a back up on dive and bottom time. I don't fully trust the computers in my office, I'm certainly not going to at 90 ft underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom