Gear wash for beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is wrong with just washing it when you get home??? Too much sand in the Maserati?

What is wrong with just washing it when you get home??? Too much sand in the Maserati?

Yep, exactly.

Some of us do our watersports in areas where you're disgusting with mud, dirt, grass, or sand by the time you get to your car and don't want to deal with picking sand out of our cars. It's also nice because there have been several times recently where I was salty and sandy and was able to use the rinse kit to get clean enough to meet up with friends to go to dinner before heading home without feeling disgusting the whole time.

I like to rinse the salt water off before it dries. It is a lot easier to get rid of the salt while it is still dissolved in the salt water. I like to rinse my kit (and the dust cap) before I disconnect the regulator. And I like to rinse my drysuit zipper before I open it.

We do a lot of shore diving up here. I also prefer to reduce the amount of salty gear I put inside my vehicle. We do contain all the gear in plastic tubs to avoid any water dripping into the vehicle, but less amount of salt water I have to deal, the less chance of a rusty vehicle.

I like to rinse the salt water off before it dries. It is a lot easier to get rid of the salt while it is still dissolved in the salt water. I like to rinse my kit (and the dust cap) before I disconnect the regulator. And I like to rinse my drysuit zipper before I open it.

We do a lot of shore diving up here. I also prefer to reduce the amount of salty gear I put inside my vehicle. We do contain all the gear in plastic tubs to avoid any water dripping into the vehicle, but less amount of salt water I have to deal, the less chance of a rusty vehicle.

Ditto and ditto. I also put computer, lights, mask, cutter etc into a container of water for the drive home, by the time I'm home it's all pretty clean.

Ditto and ditto. I also put computer, lights, mask, cutter etc into a container of water for the drive home, by the time I'm home it's all pretty clean.

I do the same thing, but just with the computers, compass, and dive watch.

You could have the silly carpet pulled out and then Line-X the floor. Then do the same for the exterior, bet you would be the only Maserati on the beach that could be washed out with a hose pipe.

N

Back
Top Bottom