Gear setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scurvy

Reaction score
I've been diving since April, thru SSI, OW and AOW, and now thinking about the Div-Con class. But I have my gauges running off the right side of my first stage and that is against their training. I was wondering if anyone could tell my why this configuartion isn't as good or better (as it feels best to me) than running it off the left side?.? I found it difficult to accend the ancor line while reading my gauges and running my inflater hose. So I moved to to the "wrong" side and now the anchor line and the gauges are in the right hand and the left holds the inflater hose.
I could only think of "standards" if everyone is the same then everyone knows where to look for my gauges. I have noticed my instructor trying to find them during other dives and realising that they are on the wrong side. He hasn't said anything.?

Thanx

In practical use, it doesn't make any difference. However, as a DiveCon or DM you are expected to help set a standard for the students, as well as uniformity (I know, I know :rolleyes:). If the shop says you can't, you either adhere to that standard, or don't DM for them.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom