Gear review:Bare nex-gen drysuit w/trek boots +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to try my bare nex-gen drysuit with the ct-200 extreme undergarment.All i can say is that for a low budget drysuit it works great.I compared my trek boots to a pair of dui booots and the trek boots have a much better sole for those who have to do a little walking down a rocky hill to the water.I have about 4 dives on it now and love it.I'll never dive cold water in a wetsuit again.The water temp i was diving in was in the low 40's.My hands were about the only part of me that was cold.I also purchased a bare tech drysuit hood with zipper.It worked flawless and kept my noggin warm.The suit appears to be a bilam material and is thicker than i thought it would be.Dont get me wrong this suit isnt meant for wreck diving or extreme abrasion resistance.But for the average sport diver looking for an inexpensive way to get in a drysuit this is the way to go.The suit is extremely comfortable and easy to get on and off.It has no suspenders and has elastic in the waste.Like i said the material seems very durable and will last for quite a while.The latex wrist and neck seals work great.The neck seal is trimmable while the wrist seals arent.I might need to trim my neck seal slightly as it is a little tight but not to terribly uncomortable.My only compalint is that i had to buy new fins to fit my xxx-lg trek boots.I purchased a set of apollo split fins.They have a fairly large pocket.Its still a tight fit but works which is more than i can say for my scubapro x-lg twin jets which are brand new with 4 dives on them......grrrrrrrrr!! Understand that this is no fault of bare...just sucks having big feet.The ct-200 undergarment is great.It conatains 200 gms of thinsulate and a nice water resistant outer shell and a nice polar fleece like material on the inside.Compare the features of this suit to some of the other companies entry drysuits and i think you will see that dollar for dollar this suit cant be beat. I hope this review helps out any one considering buying one of these.Like i said its no wreck diving suit but is durable and I dont regret buying mine.Happy diving!!!

Welcome to the dry suit diver community. You will never again have to put off a dive do to cold weather or water temperature. Have fun and I hope you have great luck in your new dry suit.

………….. Arduous ……………

Sounds like the ebay special, huh... That's ok thou because the lds prices are getting a little outrageous. I mean there is a difference between being loyal to your lds and just plain getting screwed. If they would just trim off a little from the msrp, I might change my mind, but it seems to go the opposite direction unlike the for real repeat business minded stores like leisurepro. Trust me I tried to make two lists, one of the lds prices and one of everywhere elses prices and the difference was over 900.00 dollars. It was a full gear setup I was comparing and at the lds the price dropped a little if I purchased a package, but the packages didn't have the right config for me, usually two pieces of desired gear and then to offset the savings, there would be two or three chepo's thrown in there. I can't afford to be loyal to a shop that isn't going to be loyal to me. So, back to the real topic, the BARE Nex-Gen dry suit, hood and undergarment. The real reason I posted here is because I'm looking at the exact same setup on ebay (all new - 2010 models) as you described, all for a total of (600+40+150) close to $800.00. That was close to what I was going to pay for a Spro 7mm wetsuit with hood gloves and hard soled booties at the lds. So I'm glad you commented on the suit as such. I feel more confident in my possible purchase now. Please understand that I'm new to the retail end of diving as I've been freeloading on my friends gear for so long its not funny and I never had a relationship with my lds, so I never developed a need for loyalty with them.... Maybe that will change now that I'm finally getting certified and will be visiting there for fills, maybe then I can be honest with them about a few things? Thanks for the suit info... later on

only 8 yrs ago. There are older ones to dig up

Yo JeffG, could you clarify what your trying to tell us, maybe I'm just a little slow???

Yup. thanks for that, as you can tell, not to swift on the online posting. Now I'll keep that in mind. Weird thou since all the gear he mentioned is all on ebay right now. or at least the same names different models. Anyway, thanks for letting me know without being a you know!!! How do most people on here feel about the whole deal with buying online or from your lds?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom