Gear Labels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Chris_D

Chris_D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a source for adhesive equipment labels, preferably one that ships internationally?

www.divinglabels.com appears to have gone out of business, and Amazon wants ~US$75 (and two months' lead-time) for a single sheet of labels

Thanks in advance!

Just heard from Ray, other than Covid difficulties still doing well, business recovering, here is his email to me
Hi Lex,

The rumors you have heard of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. :)

We are still in business. Of course Covid really hurt us bad. Prior, we were getting about 300+ a month just here in the Philippines and in addition our online orders. Here in the PI orders just stopped with no tourism and local lockdowns. But we still were getting online orders. The problem then was getting them out as we were locked down for 2 months and mail systems around the world were all screwed up. In addition there were just not enough flights to take all the mail. As soon as our 2 month hard lockdown ended we tried to mail out about 100 orders. They apparently never went anywhere. We had to do them again. An immediate loss of about 2k dollars. We made it through and business is beginning to pick up. Still only about 30% of pre covid.

Here in the PI mail is still very unreliable. What we do is bundle the orders and send them to our contact in the US and he in turn puts them into the USPS. We send them to him by LBC/DHL express. Works pretty well.

Thanks
Ray
Thanks for checking! As I said before, I really like their stickers. I think I'll order a fresh set since it's on my mind at the moment.

I recently purchased from divinglabels.com and had no issues. Delivery took two weeks from the order date.... I also use them for a lot of stuff other than dive gear like Kindle, Airpods case, Cell phone, Laptop, etc, etc.

One tip is when you customize the labels on the order page, just use your first name and then add your cell number as if it was your last name. That way if someone finds your lost item you have a much better chance of getting it back!
Hah, I was thinking the same thing, of using an email or phone #. Alternatively, get 2 sets of stickers, and put your name on one set, and contact-info on the other.

I recently purchased from divinglabels.com and had no issues. Delivery took two weeks from the order date.... I also use them for a lot of stuff other than dive gear like Kindle, Airpods case, Cell phone, Laptop, etc, etc.

One tip is when you customize the labels on the order page, just use your first name and then add your cell number as if it was your last name. That way if someone finds your lost item you have a much better chance of getting it back!

HGK99yJ.jpg
Hah, I was thinking the same thing, of using an email or phone #. Alternatively, get 2 sets of stickers, and put your name on one set, and contact-info on the other.
You might want to include a country-code, like +1 for the US, unless your plan is to lose your gear only in the US.

Can anyone recommend a source for adhesive equipment labels, preferably one that ships internationally?

www.divinglabels.com appears to have gone out of business, and Amazon wants ~US$75 (and two months' lead-time) for a single sheet of labels

Thanks in advance!
Hi Chris, The rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated. :) We are alive and kicking. our product is the same as before with authentic 3M Reflective material with either Glossy or matte lamination. I prefer the matte as it makes the labels look a bit more high end and does not really show scratches. We have also maintained our flexibility in regards to colors, fonts, logos and layouts along with a free set of dive flag car stickers. Still at a price of $22.99.
The labels are coming from the Philippines. Since the Philippine postal system has become totally unreliable since the start of covid, we have had to change the way we ship. There are still many countries that they will not even accept mail for. So what we now do is send the orders in a package through DHL and our contact in the US mails them out individually. We send a package about twice a month. It takes 3 to 5 days to reach our contact and then it is up to the USPS. It is working pretty well. If you wish we can also send them by LBC/DHL express. It is a bit pricy and ranges from about $33.00 to $50.00 depending on location. US is about $33.00. We do not take on the the charged shipping price for additional profit. We just do to cover the paypal fees.

Someone had linked these in another thread Diving labels on Amazon $32.50 and a month lead time.

That's too bad about divinglabels.com being gone. Some of their labels have been on my gear for several years now. As I recall, shipping was very slow and via mail, so there was no real tracking.
Hi kelemvor. We are not gone. Yes, our labels will last on your equipment. As far as the shipping we are at the whims of the postal systems. Normaly our turnaround time is 24 to 48 hours. In 2018 we tried sending the labels registered. We had to stop as fully 30% of them never arrived. This was discussed on Scuba Board at the time. I think the carriers just did not want to deal with registered as it requires a signature. We had a lot sent back to us marked a undeliverable which was total BS as we verify every address as to it's validity on the USPS website. Also checked a bunch of the addresses on google earth and for the most part they were like houses that appeared to be set back from the road. Carriers just did not want to walk up.

I attempted to use the chat function on their website a week ago and never got a reply. Also, if you look closely, the blog content hasn't been updated in several years.
Chris, My apologies. In reality we are a small operation here in the Philippines. We do the dive labels and also provide printing support to many different dive operations here in the PI. We do Tarpaulins, Dive Log Books, stickers, car passes, window designs, wall stickers, flyers and Brochures. Along with all types of tank stickers to include inspection stickers, MOD stickers and nitrox labels. It is just myself and my 2 guys. The Website was pretty much set up to take in orders and send messages to us. If you send us a message we are pretty responsive. We don't really monitor the online chat. That would require 24 hour coverage as our time is about 12 hours ahead of yours.

Any idea what an order shipped would cost to the states?

They look pretty badass
From us (www.divinglabels.com) shipping regular mail is included in the price. It takes about 3 weeks to arrive. That is due to the postal systems. Shipping by LBC/DHL express is about $33.00us. Takes 3 to 5 days to arrive. We do not add on to shipping except to cover the paypal fees.

HGK99yJ.jpg
Or we can also do 2 lines on the label. We don't really publicly offer the 2 lines as there are some out there that have copied us and our approach. But, when you order we will always send you a layout for approval and offer to put two lines. You can add like your phone or email. Or we can do a mix.

I just placed an order with Divinglabels.com today. Got an e-mail several hours later, from the owner, confirming the order. He asked if I wanted to do the labels with two lines, using name and phone number or e-mail. There would be no extra charge either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom