Gear from Thailand or Japan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Bella_

Contributor
Reaction score
Two questions, first about quick delivery of custom wetsuits. I have the name of a wetsuit maker in Singapore that can come, measure you and deliver a wetsuit within a day. In the past I had the name of a company that did the same in Thailand (I can't remember if it was Phuket or Bangkok) but I can't find the info anymore. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Secondly, is there any other country in Asia besides Japan that sells Gull fins? Does anyone know of an english online dealer for them? If I transited through Tokyo and stayed a day would there be an easily accessible shop to look at them, try them on, and hopefully buy some?

_Bella_:
In the past I had the name of a company that did the same in Thailand (I can't remember if it was Phuket or Bangkok) but I can't find the info anymore. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Hotwave in Phuket can make a wetsuit in 48 hours. There are other companies (I think) but this is the only one I’ve used.

http://www.hotwavephuket.com/

_Bella_:
Secondly, is there any other country in Asia besides Japan that sells Gull fins?

Gull fins are easy to find in Bangkok.

Vie, thanks for the info! Re: wetsuits - I'm pretty sure that's not the company I had in my mind originally, but they have great looking suits. I especially like the logo silkscreening. Now to plan a trip to Phuket...

There is/was a company in Bangkok that makes custom Mobby’s wetsuits—unfortunately they have moved several times and I have no idea where they are now. There is also a place that makes Decathlon branded wetsuits that is located in Bangna Tower. I’ll pm you if I find out their addresses etc. In the mean time perhaps other Thai/BKK-based SB members can chime in?

just been to Phuket, and was considering getting a Hotwave westuit made. All the dive people I asked pretty much said good things, I ended up running out of time int he end (spent too much time diving). So, on the strength of what the locals said, I wouldn't hesitate to get one form them.

Z...

Yes, can definatelu recommend Hotwave. There is also Octopus in the area making custom made wetsuits, but Hotwave is the longer existing one, and also tends to be cheaper.

Zeeman,

Is there anyone around Sydney that makes custom suits? I'm sure I won't find them for SEAsia prices or delivery times...but....I'm in Sydney a little more often than Thailand, nevermind Phuket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom