gear for a new diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for all of the info so far everybody. and whomever asked earlier i 'm not too far from vail, 3 hrs drive or so, and have already contacted beaverdiver about a couple things. i have stumbled across a pretty good deal so far though. atomics b1 regs. 1st and 2nd stage with a suunto cobra computer, safety sausage, light, size M BC(which may be too small but i can resell it) and a couple other small things all for $300. i would definitely get the regs serviced before using with any used regs. sound like a bad deal to anybody?

Could be a good deal if it's not too old and in good condition, the Atomic regs are very good regs. If the BC doesn't fit I guess it's not worth anything except re sale value. How old/what model is the Cobra?

thanks for all of the info so far everybody. and whomever asked earlier i 'm not too far from vail, 3 hrs drive or so, and have already contacted beaverdiver about a couple things. i have stumbled across a pretty good deal so far though. atomics b1 regs. 1st and 2nd stage with a suunto cobra computer, safety sausage, light, size M BC(which may be too small but i can resell it) and a couple other small things all for $300. i would definitely get the regs serviced before using with any used regs. sound like a bad deal to anybody?
I bought a B1 new around 2003-4 and dove it for about 5 years before passing it on to my buddy - it's still his primary reg. i dive a T2 now, if there's a difference in performance, I'm not able to tell. There's some possible upgrades that can be done during service also. 52brandon ^ seems to have sorted some of that out although his end result seems to be more cave-specific: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/469580-atomic-b1-upgrades.html#post6943733

thanks for the info. this setup was sold before i could look at it. so i am still on the hunt

There are some decent deals on Hollis floating around. You can wait for Black Friday and check out the deals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom