gear config. Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donclaypool

Contributor
Reaction score
Thought this was the place to ask the following:

1. Does DIR condone the use of weight integrated B.C.'s or is it strictly B/P & wing with weight belt to allow safe removal of BC underwater?

2. Are your first stages "up" or "down", meaning is the reg. body on the tank side of the valve port(down) or if the tank were standing up, is it above the valve port? I'll guess "down" to make reaching the tank valve easier? Hose protector's removed?

I'm thinking about "improving" my gear configuration and this might be the place to start. Is there a basic DIR boilerplate gear config. with explanation available for review?

Thanks,
Don

Doing It Right: The Fundamental of Better Diving by Jarrod Jablonski. There is a large section n gear configuration with photos.

You can also go to www.gue.com and www.wkpp.org and there are sections on gear in both.

donclaypool:
Thought this was the place to ask the following:

1. Does DIR condone the use of weight integrated B.C.'s or is it strictly B/P & wing with weight belt to allow safe removal of BC underwater?

Backplate and wing only, with a weight belt.

2. Are your first stages "up" or "down", meaning is the reg. body on the tank side of the valve port(down) or if the tank were standing up, is it above the valve port? I'll guess "down" to make reaching the tank valve easier? Hose protector's removed?

I'm not sure really what you're asking here, but I'll answer it anyway! The regs are postioned so that the hoses leading from the first stage are streamlined and not "kinked". Having clear access to your valves is critical.

I'm thinking about "improving" my gear configuration and this might be the place to start. Is there a basic DIR boilerplate gear config. with explanation available for review?

Thanks,
Don

You can start with the GUE "Fundamentals" book. It is an excellent reference. Also, on the www.wkpp.org site there are some great reference pictures.

Dive safe!

Typing at the same time: at least we're consistent!!

detroit diver:
Typing at the same time: at least we're consistent!!

That's why we are DIR. he should get the same answers from everybody who answears. :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom