G’day from Western Australia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike in Oz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hey guys,

I’m about to do my open water cert next month because why the hell not eh?

So I’m just jumping on here to learn a little bit so I don’t wander into it blind.

I did do my course about 20 years ago in the military but didn’t get a qual (because Army...), so I’m going to do it again and take advantage of thousands of kays of coastline.

Mate I get the manuals and read the manuals

full.jpg

Quite a collection there Mike. Looks like early 60s onwards - did you do any rig work?

Quite a collection there Mike. Looks like early 60s onwards - did you do any rig work?

Nah, i've done some off shore stuff over the years but I mainly do underground medical/fire/rescue.

There are very infrequent incidents but it gets very technical very fast when it does go wrong. :acclaim:

[QUOTE="Mike in Oz, post: 8768307, member: 50979]

There are very infrequent incidents but it gets very technical very fast when it does go wrong. :acclaim:[/QUOTE]

And that attitude my friend is a good piece of equipment to have in your diving box of tricks :)

[QUOTE="Mike in Oz, post: 8768307, member: 50979]

There are very infrequent incidents but it gets very technical very fast when it does go wrong. :acclaim:

And that attitude my friend is a good piece of equipment to have in your diving box of tricks :)[/QUOTE]

LOL to be honest a totally irrespirable atmosphere is the same regardless of if its gas or liquid, they'll still kill you if you get too casual about it, it also makes me pretty obsessive compulsive about my gear (especially my open and closed circuit ba sets) and my procedures.

Actually mate, i'm eyeing off one of these Ocean Reef ful face masks after i pass my OW course, mainly because i'm used to using full face masks for everything; any thoughts on them?

Howdy from Texas, and welcome to Scubaboard! Dive in, the water's fine!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom