GBD vs. Caribbean Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mathauck0814

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Vermont, California, Australia and the Upper Keys
My girlfriend and I will be in Freeport in November and hope to do some diving. We've found a good package price at the Bell Channel Inn that dives with Caribbean Divers but I can't find a lot of good information about this operation. The overwhelming sentiment seems to be to dive with Grand Bahama Divers. Can anyone share there experience with either (preferably if you've had experience with both)?

Thanks

Their name is Grand Bahama Scuba not Divers. Fred and crew were great. All I had to do was show to dive every fay. The crew took of us and our gear. The diving was awesome especially Shark Junction, Pygmy Caves and Duncan's Wreck. I will be going back to dive with them again and soon I hope. When I was there, I heard an other diver talking about how CD cancelled on him which was why he was diving with Fred.

Thanks - the only other question I have re: Bahama diving is the necessity for nitrox. GBS has it (good, good) but how many of their dive sites do/did you use it on? When I book, should I plan on using it across the board or am I likely to be at 20' on a reef half the time?

Thanks - the only other question I have re: Bahama diving is the necessity for nitrox. GBS has it (good, good) but how many of their dive sites do/did you use it on? When I book, should I plan on using it across the board or am I likely to be at 20' on a reef half the time?

Each morning is a 2 tank dive. 1st dive is a reef or wreck 70 to 100'
second dive is a reef, wreck, or shark dive. usually about 45 feet.

sometimes on sunday, or a weekday afternoon (weather depending) they do a 1 tank shallow reef dive. Silver Reef, It's one of the prettiest reefs there. That's 12-15'.

I usually just dive air, but it's your choice!!

I've seen some divers there use nothing but Nitrox. The staff uses nothing but Nitrox.

If your air consumption is really good, it might be worth it to extend your bottom time.

Have a great trip!!

If you decide to dive with GBS call ahead to make reservations. Sometimes they get quite busy!!

Also..........arrangements can be made to be picked up at your hotel and dropped off afterwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom