Gathering a group for Cocos with Argo on 10-20 September 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of great stuff in this thread, thanks Dan. The huge pile of fishing and nets confiscated was particularly interesting to see. Would love to go with you but can't make that time.

I understand the sentiments about Juan Manuel. Reminded me about how a great guide really makes the trip and experience.

Lots of great stuff in this thread, thanks Dan. The huge pile of fishing and nets confiscated was particularly interesting to see. Would love to go with you but can't make that time.

I understand the sentiments about Juan Manuel. Reminded me about how a great guide really makes the trip and experience.

Just checking on what divers are seeing in Cocos underwater a year later. It's comforting to see that the usual suspects are stil there, whitetip sharks, Galapagos sharks, scalloped hammerheads, and the whaleshark, as shown in the video posted by Tim Minsart, below.

Juan Manuel is still the Argo cruise Director too. At the end of the video there is a clip of his typical greetings to everyone: "Good morning everybody. Welcome to Coco island. It's a beautiful paradise island. The most important thing right here is calma, calma" :)

Update:

This trip has been rescheduled to September 10-20, 2021.

Some spots are now available due to this rescheduling.

Update:

This trip has been rescheduled to September 10-20, 2021.

Some spots are now available due to this rescheduling.
Dan, I hope you don't mind me asking but was your trip rescheduled because the majority of your Charter was made of up Americans (though I know some states are permitted) and other nationalities currently prohibited from entering Costa Rica or was it a decision made by the operator for other reasons? I was looking at possibly taking advantage of their discounts for a Christmas-time trip (since my nationality is currently being permitted entry into CR provided we have a negative test and proper insurance).

Dan, I hope you don't mind me asking but was your trip rescheduled because the majority of your Charter was made of up Americans (though I know some states are permitted) and other nationalities currently prohibited from entering Costa Rica or was it a decision made by the operator for other reasons? I was looking at possibly taking advantage of their discounts for a Christmas-time trip (since my nationality is currently being permitted entry into CR provided we have a negative test and proper insurance).

Yes. Our group is from USA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom