Garuda Airlines has banned this MacBook Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question is, will they differentiate between the problem ones and others that are ok or have been fixed?

Airlines in Australia have too. Restrictions have been in place for almost a month. Is this not happening in the US?

Airline staff suck at differentiating between the "problematic" ones and the "safe" ones. Try and avoid travelling with it if possible, it's causing headaches for a lot of travellers.

Airlines in Australia have too. Restrictions have been in place for almost a month. Is this not happening in the US?

Airline staff suck at differentiating between the "problematic" ones and the "safe" ones. Try and avoid travelling with it if possible, it's causing headaches for a lot of travellers.
I travelled AKLSYD on Qantas yesterday with a 2017 13 inch Touch Bar and nobody looked at it.

I travelled NZ-Sydney-Bali return and NZ-Perth return in the last month and got questioned by aviation security in both directions while carrying a 2013 13" Macbook Air.

I got asked at Emirates Check in whether I had one in hand luggage. Since I didn’t I didn’t enquire further

I presume it’s down to individual airlines, but something that’s gain traction

Since I always travel with my Macbook Pro, I looked into it. All the info that I read was about 15 inch MacBook Pros were banned due to battery issues, fires.
I just flew on Friday and no one said anything during the scan about my 13 inch macbook pro.

I am flying today on United. My flight from Seattle to San Fran had an announcement prior to take off that anyone with. 15 inch Mac Book Pro between the years of 2015-2017 needed to shut their computers down completely and were not allowed to use them during the flight, due to the battery issue and recall. I have said device, but it’s a backup and kept at home and Apple already replaced the battery on it 2 months ago after the recall notice. Anyway, this was the first time anything has been announced on any flight I’ve been on since the recall and I’ve been on quite a few.

I have such a MacBookPro, and I have seen the displays at the Garuda counter. Someone asked me in the security check if I had a MacBookPro and he said something that was in garbled English, like "keep it closed" or something, so I just said "yes, yes", etc. and he went away.

My MacBook has been fixed with a new battery and I wonder how they will be able to discern the old one from the new one?

- Bill

Back
Top Bottom