Garmin Descent Rebates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just noticed the Garmin rebates are back for the next month. $200 on the MK2i and $100 on the MK2s if you're interested in one of those.
Yep. And if you have a discount program through work, you may also have a discount that way. I get 20% off, and used that and the rebate last year when I got my MK2s. Really helped me decide to get the MK2s instead of the G1, which was new at the time so the rebate wasn't available.

Got 15% veterans discount at onlinescuba.com plus no tax and free shipping, so $750 for the MK2S.

Got 15% veterans discount at onlinescuba.com plus no tax and free shipping, so $750 for the MK2S.
How do you like the MK2S? I'm trying to decide between the MK2S or the MK2. Is the smaller MK2S easily visible?

How do you like the MK2S? I'm trying to decide between the MK2S or the MK2. Is the smaller MK2S easily visible?
Depends of course, but i have a mk2s and im good (but have good/young eyes) . However with the big numbers option i think it should also be good otherwise. I really like that lay-out, even if not necessary.
20230625_223923.jpg
20230625_223952.jpg

Depends on your eyes and wrist. The MK2 would just be way too big for me to wear daily. MK2s is perfect in that regard.

For diving, I find it easy to read. I did look into the big numbers display option, but opted not to use it. I don’t currently wear corrective lenses, but getting pretty close to where I probably will. Display is plenty bright. I have the backlight active during the dive, but only at 30%. That’s plenty for me.

Like you I am getting to the point where I need glasses. I plan to use the watch for diving, working out and offline hike maps. The Mk2 may be too big for everyday use, so the MK2s seems like a good choice. Since I will wear it daily, I'd like something other than black.

Has anyone heard if there is a MK3 in the works? Release date? Hate to buy the Mk2 and Garmin release the new model right after my purchase.

Has anyone heard if there is a MK3 in the works? Release date? Hate to buy the Mk2 and Garmin release the new model right after my purchase.
Garmin has a Decent Mk3 series in the works. A few people have reported seeing test units in the field. Based on previous patterns it will probably be available for sale in Q4. Other than standard air integration across the series I doubt it will provide many new diving features. Most of the major changes will probably be on the fitness side to match the Fenix 7 series. If you don't need those fitness features then the Mk2 will still be fine, and much cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom