Galveston Texas Gulf Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are a group of divers with 2 boats. We like to try to dive every weekend and we welcome good divers, that are willing to do their share of the work, that are not a pain, and will pay their share. You can't beat the price--btw we do this for fun, not hire.

Domino, we check the weather on NOAA. You could check it on a Friday and if it says go, meet us in Galveston or Freeport. Two of the guys I go out with have to go on Sundays because they work on Saturday so that comes into play some weekends. The good thing about going out on Saturday is that those of us who are a tad "older" can recuperate on Sunday! :)

Dee, I store the tanks (up to 12) in Pelican tank racks. I tie them with dockline because I don't want to punch a hole in the deck for the deck plates. We sit in the new type foldout lawn chairs (bring your favorite) because they can be easily stowed in their bag.

I don't have a kicker but may get one this year. I had Sea Tow insurance but it just ran out. I have to renew it, I just forgot.

We take a cooler full of drinks, Lunchables are the best food, bait if someone wants to fish (I have plenty of gear--but I don't like to clean fish), beer for after the dive, and lots of excitement.

I'm looking for a few good divers! I especially want divers with photography or marine biology experience. In fact, I have an aquatic biology degree from UT from back in 1978 but I don't use it. I saw posts from a biologist somewhere on this site. I'd love to get her/him to go.

Rodney

:)

I will be gone for the next few w-ends, but may be interested when I get back. Do you go every w-end?

My wife doesn't dive so she wants me to spend time with her too but she doesn't mind if I go. Between my friends and me, there is someone going out every weekend unless the seas are bad.

What a great day today. Almost flat!

Rodney

Hey Sailor,
I am from a little further south than you so i know the Port Aransas and Padre coast lines pretty well. I have been living in Dallas lately but i am getting my advanced and Master Diver certs this fall. I would like to make some dives other than the scheduled ones in class and i do go to south central of south Texas often. You can email me or get a hold of me on ICQ, AIM, or Yahoo messenger.

*****/
****/*
***/**
**/***
*/****
/*****

Hey, Sailor, I live in Galveston and would love to do a dive with you sometime. That is if you wouldn't mind a newbie diving with you...I did my first rig dive last weekend, and it was awesome - perfect conditions too.

I'm all the way up in DFW, but would still be up for a dive sometime.

I'm also just getting started in UW photography, and need all the practice I can get.

I'll actually be in Houston for Labor day.

Hey Detonate,
I am south of Dallas and would love to join you down to Galveston sometime. Maybe in October or November sometime.

You are all welcome if we have room on a boat. I'll try to see what I can find out and let you know what is shaping up for the weekend. I have to have some quality time with my wife, I've been leaving her almost every weekend to go diving. I don't promise anything about this weekend but if you'll send me a private message with phone numbers and I see we have room I'll call. The is only about a 30 percent chance you'll get a call this weekend.

Rodney

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom