gallery gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all

I think that there should be an option in the gallery or the user profile menus that allow the users/uploaders to view the photo equipment (camera, strobes lens).

Jalal

It's nice to see what people are shooting with. If I see a picture I like I often want to know what equipement was used to take it. Searching through all the photographers pictures looking for one of their setup would be awkward.

This is true...my set up is on page 10 in my gallery.

This is what you can do. It is possible for a user to create extra folders in their gallery which stay on top. I just created one here...now it's a matter of getting every one else to do it.

justleesa:
This is true...my set up is on page 10 in my gallery.

This is what you can do. It is possible for a user to create extra folders in their gallery which stay on top. I just created one here...now it's a matter of getting every one else to do it.
You have to click on three seperate links just to see the description of picture with your camera. If the information was in your profile you'd have to follow one or possibly two links. Even if you had to follow 3 links to get to the profile information, you would still have to pray that everyone who created a folder did so with an intelligent name and made it easy to find. The picture also takes up disk space, significantly more then the text description which you need anyways. And let's fact it, unless you've done something really unique there isn't any reason to post a picture of your setup. Sorry, but this system is a bit kludgey.

Modifying the profile fields is a much simplier system. Furthermore, it can be generalized to allow people to list any dive related equipement.

Most have a description of their set up in their signatures, i.e. alcina

Even with your suggestion, although a good one, in the end it's the same problem as people filling out their profiles....

justleesa:
Most have a description of their set up in their signatures, i.e. alcina
But if you're browsing the gallery you don't see their signature. If I click on someone's name underone of their pictures I'm taken to the "gallery profile" and not their SB profile which further compounds the problem.

justleesa:
Even with your suggestion, although a good one, in the end it's the same problem as people filling out their profiles....
True, but is that a reason not to talk to Pete and TA about it?

Ps It's not my suggestion it was Jalal's. I'm just arguing his case for him. :wink:

I'm sure as soon as TA gets back he'll see the thread and let you know what's possible or not.

*sniff*
Cornfed, *whipcrack* WORK!
HEH,Wouldn't it be a good idea to know with what gear pictures were taken with? I own a Nikonos V and it would be difficult for an amateur such as myself to distinguish the lens by the look of it. BTW justleesa, very nice camera, does the colour match the wetsuit and BC :p that would be kool though.. sort of a barbie concept.

Possibly in the User profile, there would be a heading with something called:

I DIVE WITH:
BC:
Exposure:
Regulator:
Light:
Camera:

diver371:
Wouldn't it be a good idea to know with what gear pictures were taken with? I own a Nikonos V and it would be difficult for an amateur such as myself to distinguish the lens by the look of it. <snip>
Possibly in the User profile, there would be a heading with something called:

I DIVE WITH:
BC:
Exposure:
Regulator:
Light:
Camera:
Here is an (appropriately choosen) example from photo.net, http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3023488. If you click on the "Details" tab you can see what camera, lens, and film were used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom