Galileo Sol - What is Error 32?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abdullah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Galileo Sol displays "Service Mode Error 32" when I turn it on. What is it? How do I fix it?

The Sol quit working during a dive without any symptom of impending failure.

Unfortunately, the Error message now requires you return the unit to your LDS for inspection and possibly shipment to SCUBAPRO Tech Support for repair and/or diagnosis.

I took it into my LDS. It looks like a 6 week turn around from SCUBAPRO.

This is marketed as a tec computer for deco dives, but fails without warning on a dive. Seems like UWATEC should have evaluated the reliability of this device better before marketing it to people who expect significantly higher reliability for life support equipment. I dive tables when I dive deep, so it probably wouldn't have killed me. But still, you'd think it would be designed to fail to gauge mode instead of paperweight mode.

In hindsight, this is by far the biggest waste of $1100 anyone could spend on dive kit.

I know several people, including myself, who dive deep/caves/wrecks. Even use the trimix modes, etc and have never had a failure. Some have used it since the day it released with no issues. Sounds like you got unlucky dude. Kinda harsh for a first time problem....

An update. My Sol finally landed back at the LDS Friday, after 3 months and 3 weeks. Opened the box and the battery was dead. Back it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom