Galileo Sol, Service mode - Error 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ellehcim

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a shallow dive (35 ft) my Galileo Sol from Jan. 2011, when going through my dive record for the last dive, the dive was about 12 min. too short and had made a sudden depth spike to 196.8 m / 645.7 ft some 10 mi. before my ascent.

It was in "Gauge Mode", but during my next dive 5 days later it never came out of the surface mode, where it just shows the time and it didn't record any depth (did measure temperature though)

48 hours later I tried to switch it back to Computer Mode, it immidiately said "Altitude violation" and by going to the "Altimeter" function, it said I was at an altitude of -990 m / -3248 ft.

I noticed the battery was a little low (after 2½ years and 280 dives (long & cold)), so I decided to check out the 3 V battery. It said 2.75 V and I put it back and since then I only get the following short message on the screen:

"Service mode
Error 06"

I bought a new battery, checked it (3.05 V) and replaced the old one - BUT still get the same message on the screen "Service mode - Error 06"

It's obviosly not the battery (and yes I have placed it correctly and aligned the slot with the marker), so what could it be? A faulty pressure gauge?

Kind regards

Michelle:crafty:
IANTD Hypoxic Trimix Megalodon CCR Diver #161014

Last edited:
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO. It sounds like a pressure sensor failure. Please send it in for evaluation.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for choosing SCUBAPRO. It sounds like a pressure sensor failure. Please send it in for evaluation.

Happy Diving!

KateSCUBAPRO

Several people have now reported mysterious error codes. It would be nice if you could post a list of service mode error codes and their meanings.

Several people have now reported mysterious error codes. It would be nice if you could post a list of service mode error codes and their meanings.

Agree!

Seems like this should be the kind of thing you would find listed in the manual, but I do not see anything in mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom