Galapagos vs coco islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just did a liveaboard in the galapagos and it was a big WOW. Now I am curious to know if the cocos are similar or just ok compare to galapagos...
So in term of big stuff variety who's the best ?
Discuss !!

Dived with Galapagos aggressor in May, incredible trip would highly recommend to anyone tempted . Booked for Cocos start of December on Undersea Hunter- can’t wait. Hopefully they will be comparable .

Cocos will be warmer.

I’m counting on it, dived all but Punta Vincenta Roca In rashie and shorts, was a chilli dive in my 3mm . Heard start of December was end of hammerhead season in cocos, but guides in Galapagos said there not really a season in Galapagos contrary to what u read online. Fingers crossed for a great trip with some vis. 25 degrees plus would be the dream.

I’ve been to Cocos in Jan, May, and late July and saw plenty of hammerheads on each trip, but the most by far in July.

I went to both. Each has unique things to see. I would say to go to both places. If you like to see marine iguana & sea lions, don't mind the cold water, then Galapagos is your place to dive. If you like to see lots of sharks, different types of sharks, including schooling hammerheads in warmer water, and you don't mind 36 hour boat ride from the Costa Rica coast to Cocos island, then Cocos is your place to dive.

I went to Cocos in September last year. Saw plenty of hammerheads. Check out my trip report, here: Cocos Diving Trip Report, 17 -27 September, 2018

Went to Galapagos in December 2016. Here is my trip report: How is diving in Galapagos in December?

I like the warmer water and seeing lots of hammerheads in Cocos, so I plan to go back there again in September next year. We still have some spots available if anyone is interested to join me (10% off) Gathering a group for Cocos with Argo on 10-20 September 2020

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom