Galapagos Sky cancellation without notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiva1985

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I booked (and paid for) a dive trip on Galapagos Sky liveaboard last year. We were looking forward to the trip of a lifetime. Then when we arrived at the airport in Ecuador on the day of our scheduled Sky cruise departure in Jan, we learned that the trip was cancelled - but they never notified us! What a disaster, huge disappointment, and a lot of coin to say the least. Anybody else out there encounter (pun intended) dive liveaboard cancellations without notification? What's the best recourse?

My husband and I booked (and paid for) a dive trip on Galapagos Sky liveaboard last year. We were looking forward to the trip of a lifetime. Then when we arrived at the airport in Ecuador on the day of our scheduled Sky cruise departure in Jan, we learned that the trip was cancelled - but they never notified us! What a disaster, huge disappointment, and a lot of coin to say the least. Anybody else out there encounter (pun intended) dive liveaboard cancellations without notification? What's the best recourse?
cancellation insurance doesn't cover negligence of the operator!

That is awful and I feel for you but short of insurance of some kind that did cover it sounds like a toasted trip. Did you get any sort of deposit back? Were you able to get any dive time in with another operator?

Hopefully your credit card company can help. Contact them and get the paperwork started on disputed charges.

cancellation insurance doesn't cover negligence of the operator!
Of course it does. Who is your travel insurance provider?

Some travel insurance cover the trip if you decide to cancel on your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom