Galapagos Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harry Kreigh

Registered
Reaction score
Considering the Mistral or Sea Cloud for a trip to the Galapagos next year. These are currently the only available boats. Has anyone been on either boat in the last 2-3 years? If so, please offer your comments, good and bad, on the boat facilities and dive operations. I appreciate any input or recommendations. Thanks!

I have dove the Galapagos 2 years straight and from my experience I would not use any boat other than the Aggressors the crew are fantastic and very competant and with the conditions and currents you definatley need the most experienced crew and they IMO are the best out there.

Normally you have to book a couple of years out depending on time of year

Awesome diving though and I will be going back

gaz
www.DiveBelize.com

Hi!

We just returned from a Galapagos trip on Sept. 12th. We were aboard the Peter Hughes Sky Dancer. We had a wonderful experience, high voltage currents, hundreds of sharks, 1 manta and 8 very close encounters with whale sharks.

We had been aboard the Sky Dancer two years ago during a mild El Nino and did not have any whale shark sightings (late October).

On this trip we had two great divemasters, a crew that worked very hard to make sure all went well and a wonderful mixture of people on the boat. The food was good, our room was kept very clean, dive briefings were right on and of course the diving was exceptional. I have never been on any of the other Galapagos live-aboards, but I would return to the Sky Dancer!

Laine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom