Galapagos liveaboard in september

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How is the diving in galapagos in sept, any good ? Water temp, rough seas ? Is sept one of the best month to do a liveboard to see big stuff ?

Any good? It's the best in the world for my money! Granted I did it in October but I think conditions would be pretty much the same in September. The only rough part was the crossings to Darwin and Wolf but honestly they weren't that bad. Once we we were actually there we had calm seas.

September is the heart of the whale shark season so best time to see big stuff, yes. For water temps I recommend checking the captains log on the aggressor website, you can see their records from previous years. Went I was there we had unusually warm waters but at that time of year it's meant to be ~24 in the north and can go as low as 16 in the west.

This is my video from last year which shows most of what there is to see

Wow, fantastic video, thanks for sharing that. Was that filmed last october ?
Only problem is that in sept evthing is full.

Got several spaces in September on top boats if you plan to go then. Some at $1000 off and others at $1760 off regular rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom