Galapagos liveaboard 2009 - looking for availablity for 10 nights or longer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings all!

Does anyone know of any dive groups who are organising (and may have availibility for one person for 2009) for 10 nights or longer liveaboard to the Galapagos - prefereably on Aggressor or Skydancer? I have done a lot of searches on the internet without success...

I understand there are only limited liveaboard operators who have the licence to go to Wolf/Darwin (which is my objective). I have already rang Aggressor and Sky Dancer but was told they now only do 7 night trips.

thanks in advance for any information.
J.

Why not go in early and dive the sites the live aboards don't go? There's great diving in Santa Cruz, Floreana and I also really like Isabela. Lots and lots do both, combine a land based trip with a live aboard. Go to redmangrove.com for a Dive Triangle covering all 3 islands.

G'day,

Just noticed your post as I was about to advertise our trip on this forum.

We have a 10-night charter on Galapagos Aggressor II, and have spaces available.

Dates are: 14-24 June 2010. June is a perfect month for Galapagos, start of the whale shark season.

There's no night diving in the Galapagos, so we're runnning evening workshops on underwater photo and video - for anyone interested - at no extra charge.

All our trips also include a free trip video DVD filmed during the trip.

Full details here:
Undersea Productions - Dive Travel - Galapagos 2010

Any questions at all, PM me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Josh

Hi, I was on the Skydancer in October 2008. I would not recommend the Skydancer. First- the Skydancer was no longer able to provide us with Nitrox.
We then had contaiminated air, limited on-board maintenance/service, so we missed days of diving. The captain told us that his "hands were tied by corporate policy" and that there was nothing that he could do. My main concern was that the Skydancer captain only stopped the diving activities for one day- not for the entire length of time that the compressed air/nitrox tasted like "petroleum or plastic". I stayed out of the water until the air (Nitrox was no longer available) seemed tastless but I was still concerned that the tanks were contaiminated. The Galapagos trip felt like a once in a lifetime trip so I made the decision to dive again after having missed two full days of driving.
Not only does that show no concern for the passengers but for the diving crew as well. Upon our return to the states Peter Hughes offered to reduce rate for :shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:a future diving trip. Needless to say- I threw the information away. Peter Hughes Skydancer- did not care about the physical safety of her passengers or crew.

Back
Top Bottom