Galapagos - Flights from LA to Guayaquil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avianca has the best flights I could find from LAX to San Cristobal. It is overnight with a connection in Bogota. I leave at 20:45 next week and arrive in the Galapagos the next day at noon. I did a one way flight so that I can get some trekking in around ecuador and more diving in columbia. I think it will be a hot summer in LA and I plan to be back at the end of September.

Avianca has the best flights I could find from LAX to San Cristobal. It is overnight with a connection in Bogota. I leave at 20:45 next week and arrive in the Galapagos the next day at noon. I did a one way flight so that I can get some trekking in around ecuador and more diving in columbia. I think it will be a hot summer in LA and I plan to be back at the end of September.
Thanks. I was debating between Avianca, Copa and LATAM.

Updated. The avianca flight is pretty unrealistic. It was an hour late out of LA. I made it to the gate in Bogota and watched my next flight sit for 30 minutes but was not allowed to board(along with about 15 others). I got another flight 6 hours later to Guayaquil, but the flight to Galapagos is only once a day. Avianca put me up in the airport hotel and comped dinner. I recommend las tallas across from the airport for breakfast. I am now on hour 26 of the flight from LA.

For all flying to Galapagos, the online tourist card doesn't work. Budget about 2 hours. You will go through immigration into Ecuador, then exit the international and turn right to go up the stairs to departures. Go past the copa airlines checkin area to find the Galapagos immigration. They will charge you 20usd and scan your luggage. After you have your tourist card, proceed to the domestic departures and go through security again to enter the domestic gate area.

I would plan a minimum 2 hour layover in Guayaquil to get it done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom