Galapagos 96 hr covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ecuador do not require a Covid test for entry as long as you show proof of vaccination at least two weeks prior to arrival. Galapagos still require a Negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of arrival in Galapagos. If you do not yet have your test results on check in for the international flight to Ecuador, it does not matter if you have one ticket all the way to Galapagos, or you buy separate tickets, as you will only be asked for the proof of negative test when you checkin for the domestic flight to Galapagos. However you will need to show a print version of this proof, as I don't think having it on your telephone is adequate. That may change.

To clarify some points - everyone arriving in Ecuador must have a printout of one of the following - antigen or PCR or proof of vaccine - all vaccines are accepted Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zenica and presumably the Russian and Indian vaccines. The vaccine must have been administered at least 2 weeks prior. These are checked on arrival in Quito or Guayaquil and is completely separate from Galapagos.

You need the PCR test to enter Galapagos, which must have been taken maximum 96 hours prior to arrival in Galapagos. When you checkin at UIO or GYE you are required to show this in ordre to get your boarding ticket. You also need to shown this on arrival in Galapagos(no internet in airport) so having a printed copy is the best idea. Apparently there are not written regulations that dictate you must show a printed version but we highly recommend you have something printed to avoid any possibility of an issue and cover all bases. .

Below are checkin instructions that we send all clients for GYE and UIO.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHECK IN AT GUAYAQUIL AIRPORT
Please arrive at Guayaquil airport 2.5 hours or more before departure of your flight.
In the airport:
Please follow the following steps in order. You cannot check in with the airline until you complete steps 1 and 2.

1. Go to Consejo de Govierno booth. This is located to the left as you enter the domestic departures doors of the airport. Here you will pay the TCT card ($20 cash) and show documents. This line can take a very long time so it is important you arrive early.

a) Printed salvoconducto (safe passage) document for the first place you will stay in Galapagos. This is the hotel or boat you will stay on the first night(s). It is issued by the hotel or boat for the dates you are staying there.

b) Printed negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of entry to Galapagos. Antigen tests or proof of vaccination are not accepted. If done in Ecuador this needs to be done by a lab with approval by the Consejo de Govierno like Interlab, Veris, Ecuaamerican, Zurita y Zurita or others on the official list.

If your test is from outside Ecuador you will need screenshots of the website or email address it was sent from.

2. Proceed to the scanner area located along the wall of the airport. This will be located to your right as you enter the domestic departure area. Scan all baggage including hand luggage They will place plastic tags on all checked baggage.

3. Go to check in counter of the airline you are flying with- LATAM or Avianca. Present proof of payment of TCT. They should give you a health declaration form to fill out. This may be given on the flight.

On arrival in Galapagos

1. Present health declaration form and copy of negative PCR test

2. Pay $100 Galapagos National Park fees (cash only)

3. Collect baggage

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHECK IN AT QUITO AIRPORT
Please arrive at Quito airport 2 .5 hours or more before departure of your flight.

In the airport:
Please follow the following steps in order. You cannot check in with the airline until you complete steps 1 and 2.

1. Go to Consejo de Govierno booth. This is located to the left as you enter the domestic departures doors of the airport. Here you will pay the TCT card ($20 cash) and show documents. This line can take a very long time so it is important you arrive early.

a) Printed salvoconducto (safe passage) document for the first place you will stay in Galapagos. This is the hotel or boat you will stay on the first night(s). It is issued by the hotel or boat for the dates you are staying there.

b) Printed negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of entry to Galapagos. Antigen tests or proof of vaccination are not accepted. If done in Ecuador this needs to be done by a lab with approval by the Consejo de Govierno like Interlab, Veris, Ecuaamerican, Zurita y Zurita or others on the official list.

If your test is from outside Ecuador you will need screenshots of the website or email address it was sent from.

2. Proceed to the scanner area located along the wall of the airport. This will be located to your right as you enter the domestic departure area. Scan all baggage including hand luggage They will place plastic tags on all checked baggage.

3. Go to check in counter of the airline you are flying with- LATAM or Avianca. Present proof of payment of TCT. They should give you a health declaration form to fill out. This may be given on the flight.

On arrival in Galapagos

1. Present health declaration form and copy of negative PCR test

2. Pay $100 Galapagos National Park fees (cash only)

3. Collect baggage

Ecuador do not require a Covid test for entry as long as you show proof of vaccination at least two weeks prior to arrival. Galapagos still require a Negative PCR test taken within 96 hours of arrival in Galapagos. If you do not yet have your test results on check in for the international flight to Ecuador, it does not matter if you have one ticket all the way to Galapagos, or you buy separate tickets, as you will only be asked for the proof of negative test when you checkin for the domestic flight to Galapagos. However you will need to show a print version of this proof, as I don't think having it on your telephone is adequate. That may change.

Crystal clear. Thank you for all, Dom!!

On at least one liveaboard in Galapagos about a month ago, pretty much all crew members were infected with COVID perhaps due to an arriving passenger. While vaccinations have gone really well in Galapagos in the last month or two, mainland Ecuador is still slow in roll out. So continue to take precautions on the mainland. The recent lockdowns have diminished the spread on the mainland, but it is still there.

Thanks for the info but that is disturbing to hear that so many crew members on a particular boat were infected. I had not heard that information but if you would prefer to let me know in as private exchange, please PM me and I will check into it :) Many thanks. Dom

On at least one liveaboard in Galapagos about a month ago, pretty much all crew members were infected with COVID perhaps due to an arriving passenger. While vaccinations have gone really well in Galapagos in the last month or two, mainland Ecuador is still slow in roll out. So continue to take precautions on the mainland. The recent lockdowns have diminished the spread on the mainland, but it is still there.
Thank you so much for sharing. It is challenging time. Hope the crew got care needed.

Thanks for the info but that is disturbing to hear that so many crew members on a particular boat were infected. I had not heard that information but if you would prefer to let me know in as private exchange, please PM me and I will check into it :) Many thanks. Dom

Hi Dom. The boat has not been testing crew weekly for COVID like all should be doing and those operating most safely are doing. Shame because divers onboard ended up with COVID, too.

Thank you so much for sharing. It is challenging time. Hope the crew got care needed.

I'm told their symptoms were 'light.' I have not heard of anyone being hospitalized from this outbreak. Thank goodness because Ecuador's hospitals were overrun last month. There was no ICU available.

Again, the most important thing is to act as if you are traveling in May 2020 for your stay on the mainland the night before your departure to Galapagos. Stay in reputable hotels. Use masks, maybe even gloves and wash your hands. Also, make sure your liveaboard is testing all crew members weekly and doing deep cleaning (not just running air purifiers). Most in Galapagos, including crew members who aren't based on the mainland, are now vaccinated.

And the name of the boat is...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom