Galapagos 3mm or 7mm suit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tricoti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going to the Galapagos in a few weeks and wondering if anyone recommends me to bring my 3mm or 7mm wetsuit? I will be doing 4 dives and snorkeling twice/day for my class and I have to choose which suit to bring. What about a hood? Do they allow gloves?

THANKS!

I have never personally been to Galapagos, but if you do a search on Galapagos trip reports I think you will see that the water is pretty cold. I believe it's in the mid 60's in the lower islands and low 70's at Wolf and Darwin. I think 7mm with gloves and hood. Also, due to the currents it is probably advisable to always wear gloves in case you need to hold on for dear life.

I've been to the Galapagos islands. Pack the 7mm, hood and gloves. There are two or three deep currents the upwell at the Galapagos making the water cooler. When I went I dove dry. Have a great time and I hope you get to Wolf and Darwin, there's a Hammerhead cleaning station at Darwin's arch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom