G9 ikelite house with flat port and close-up lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
I'm using canon G9 with ikelite houseing and the Ikelite flat port toghether with Inon UWL-100 wide angel lens.
I plan to buy the Inon UCL 165M67 close up lens as well, and was hoping I would be able to switch lens during a dive.

Does anyone know if there is a problem using a close-up lens with the Ikelite flat port ?
Or do I have to use the standard house port for a close-up lens ?

Any help is appreciated
Ulrik

The Inon UCL 165M67 screws into the Ike flat port and is a wet lens -- that is, you can attach/remove it underwater. The standard housing port does not have the threads for the lens to attach.

Hi, thanks for your reply's,.
I was also wondering: when using the flat port, It won't zoom in full, because the lens hit the glass on the shorter port.
Is that a problem when using a close-up lens ?

I thought you could attach the macro lens to either port, just be aware that your zoom range is limited with the flat port. The reason this was released (initially with the G7), is for use with the WA lens. If you're wanting to take lenses on a dive, then by all means, use the short port.

Hope that's cleared it up for you.

Ryan.

Hi Ryan,
thanks, nice to know and that was also what I hoped for. Changing the ports all the time would be troublesome ;-)
Ulrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom