G250 cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got this reg (SP B/A 109) today; I can see why there are lots of die hard fans of these old regs around. It's really built...looks like a large person could sit on it and it would still be okay. Plus, the metal casing is much more aesthetically pleasing than a typical plastic casing. I'm a little concerned about the weight, though, it's pretty hefty. Someone please tell me that in the water, with the right mouthpiece, these things are comfortable to dive repeatedly with?

Light weight second stages are over rated and are mostly marketing hype. A good mouthpiece and a properly sized LP hose are a lot more important in preventing jaw fatigue. With a decent mouthpiece (the currnt SP mouthpieces are quite good) and proper lenght hose, a Balanced Adjustable will feel just fine in the water even on a long dive.

And as you point out, a 10 to 20 year old balanced adjustable will normally look a lot better than a 1-2 year old plastic cased reg and will not break, crack, or fail if your buddy drops a tank on it before the dive.

Back
Top Bottom