G250 cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know the current list price on the G250HP second stage only, or if it's even sold separately from 1st stages? Leisure pro does not sell separate stages, but I suspect an authorized SP would do so.

Thanks, Matt

SP does sell all of their first and second stages separately and you can mix and match anything you want. You lose the discount they apply to their normal regulator combinations but that only amounts to about $10-$20 per stage.

I don't have the current price list handy, but in the 2003 price list a G250 second stage had an MSRP of $266. The 2005 MSRP would probably be around $305. An SP dealer can however sell for 10% below MSRP so you should be able to get one for around $275.

You're a real database about ScubaPro. I am impressed again. You're absolutely right.

This shop breaks down the price per stage. They ask $276.

Check out this site:
http://www.rexdive.com/rexdc/product.asp?s%5Fid=0&dept%5Fid=22010&pf%5Fid=2001scpro%5Freg%5Fg250hp&dp%5Fid=&dl%5Fid=

DA Aquamaster:
SP does sell all of their first and second stages separately and you can mix and match anything you want. You lose the discount they apply to their normal regulator combinations but that only amounts to about $10-$20 per stage.

I don't have the current price list handy, but in the 2003 price list a G250 second stage had an MSRP of $266. The 2005 MSRP would probably be around $305. An SP dealer can however sell for 10% below MSRP so you should be able to get one for around $275.

Mattboy - you just missed a good G250 on the "E" place. was around 140 plus shipping I believe. You need to watch like a hawk and be prepared to bid up to real value - you'll get the G250 you're looking for.

P

pcosens:
Mattboy - you just missed a good G250 on the "E" place. was around 140 plus shipping I believe. You need to watch like a hawk and be prepared to bid up to real value - you'll get the G250 you're looking for.

P
I think I bid on it, but quit around $150; maybe it went for $160; something like that. I actually just won on a balanced adjustable, which was much less expensive ($56) and hopefully will work out just as well; maybe better. DA aquamaster likes 'em; that's good enough for me to try one. The only thing I didn't check on was to make sure that the seacure mouthpiece will fit on it.

mattboy:
I think I bid on it, but quit around $150; maybe it went for $160; something like that. I actually just won on a balanced adjustable, which was much less expensive ($56) and hopefully will work out just as well; maybe better. DA aquamaster likes 'em; that's good enough for me to try one. The only thing I didn't check on was to make sure that the seacure mouthpiece will fit on it.

That 109 will work like a charm - you can even upgrade the guts to be equal to a G250. Track down some spare exhaust "Ts" - we always used to lose them at an alarming rate - seem to "fall off" whilst diving! I know where you can get a pristine front cover / clamp set (inexpensive) if you want to make it look pretty . . . PM me.

Great reg.

P

Upgrading a 109 Adjustable or a 15X Balanced Adjustable to the latest 4th configuration (156) Balanced Adjustable requires a G250 annual service kit (dealer cost about $6.00) which will have the current poppet and balance chamber, and a new spring (part number 01 020 216, dealer cost $1.05)

In rare cases with a really old (late 60's) 109 second stage you may need a new lever (dealer cost about $5.00) as the tabs on the older ones are too large to fit the newer poppets. But you'll need a new lever anyway to install the current G200 dura poppet in your 109. And if you have to shell out $5.00 for a new lever, you may as well spend another $1.05 and upgrade the reg to BA status.

I have seen dealers charge up to $75.00 to update a 109. But don't let your local SP dealer stick you with an "expensive" upgrade, particularly if it is done as part of a normal annual service, as even if they gouge you with a 100% markup on the parts, $2.00 to 12.00 should cover any costs over and above a regular annual service.

mattboy:

The seacure mouthpiece from my G500 does not fit my SP metalm 2nd. It is looser than I would want to try to correct with a really tight ziptie. A different size SC mouthpiece might do the trick but my TMJ seems to have subsided and any old mouthpiece seems to work fine.

DA Aquamaster:
Upgrading a 109 Adjustable or a 15X Balanced Adjustable to the latest 4th configuration (156) Balanced Adjustable requires a G250 annual service kit (dealer cost about $6.00) which will have the current poppet and balance chamber, and a new spring (part number 01 020 216, dealer cost $1.05)

In rare cases with a really old (late 60's) 109 second stage you may need a new lever (dealer cost about $5.00) as the tabs on the older ones are too large to fit the newer poppets. But you'll need a new lever anyway to install the current G200 dura poppet in your 109. And if you have to shell out $5.00 for a new lever, you may as well spend another $1.05 and upgrade the reg to BA status.

I have seen dealers charge up to $75.00 to update a 109. But don't let your local SP dealer stick you with an "expensive" upgrade, particularly if it is done as part of a normal annual service, as even if they gouge you with a 100% markup on the parts, $2.00 to 12.00 should cover any costs over and above a regular annual service.

Not sure which one this is; I haven't received it yet. But, supposedly it's been upgraded recently with a G250 kit. The guy described the regulator as a M109/ balanced adjustable, if that gives you any indication.

Regarding the seacure mouthpiece, there are two sizes; 1-1/4" by 3/4" and 1-7/16" by 7/8". Hopefully one of those will fit. This mouthpiece made a huge difference on my R190. If neither of those fit, maybe the oceanic will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom