FYI: Scubatoys.com has a new T2x on sale for $1100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Orange County, too. I bought my SP regs new and authorized than Laguna Sea Sports got sold. When it came time for annual service I was "cool" with other shops by then and OMG, what a pain it is. Two shops outright refused to service the reg because at first I didn't have the paper work, then I did but it was photocopied. Then they just wouldn't work on it because I didn't buy it from them. Finally Pacific Wilderness OC accepted my paperwork and verified whatever they could with SP and that was that. Go through that fight every year. Some shops will just give you grief becuase they're their M.O..

So many places have such an attitude that I hardly care if they go under. They aren't my shop. But by now I'm in cool with most other shops and things aren't so rough. I just know that if I had purchased a reg online just to tell them I bought it from a friend or otherwise use brands that do not so easily entice shop owners to become so evil.

Good for you, nice deal by the way :)

Pacific Wilderness is one of the friendlier dive shops here and their prices are very competitive.

Adam

sshrum, Good call on taking your reg directly to Atomic. I've always had my Ti regs (3) serviced and updated there since 2001. Great people, excellent service with every part and tool to do a professional inspection and update/service. Service is something nearly impossible to trust in the ever lamer LDSs.

Thanks for the tip about Pacific Wilderness...went to their store off Tustin and the 22 and talked to Roger and Dale.

Back
Top Bottom