FX-100's back on SALE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stu S.

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few of you divers were interested in the Faber FX-100's that were on sale a number of months ago at $249, from Diver's Direct. If you did not get one then, they are back on sale at $249. Diver's Direct calls it a Fin Addicts item.

Contact them, not me, for further details.

I know someone is going to post " I can't find it on their website"... on sale...

so here is the direct URL.

Blue Steel FX100 Steel Cylinder 3442 PSI at Divers Direct - Scuba gear & equipment online dive catalog!

A few things to note:
1.) it's very likely that these are 2006 hydro dates. But that's not to worry for the amount you're saving on the tank.
2.) Visually inspect these tanks inside before using, even if they come with a Divers Direct visual sticker. The tanks we bought were FILTHY inside. I mean really FILTHY.

Overall, I've been really happy with this tank for what I paid for it.

Hope this is helpfull to all. -Mike

What valve is on the tank?

When I bought mine it had a "Blue Steel" branded valve on it. In reality it's a San-o-sub that's been re-branded as far as I can tell. It's the convertible DIN/Yoke valve that came on mine.

It's worked fine, but if I had a choice for the same money, the Thermo Pro valve is a little better in my opinion.

Any sort of free shipping deal?

I got mine on a week/sale that they offered free shipping. But that doesn't appear to be an option anyway. Seeing that you're in Canada and they will be shipping out of Florida, you might have hefty shipping charges plust maybe some duty charges also.

I don't think their domestic shipping charges were that bad though considering it's a tank.

Well I may be in Canada, but my sister is in Indiana :D. I'm going to give it some thought and see what my shops up here can do on HP100's to compete.

I got mine on a week/sale that they offered free shipping. But that doesn't appear to be an option anyway. Seeing that you're in Canada and they will be shipping out of Florida, you might have hefty shipping charges plust maybe some duty charges also.

I don't think their domestic shipping charges were that bad though considering it's a tank.

You guys can try some discount codes also.

Try SB10, SB15 or SB20. They were good for different amounts. I think the SB15 was good for 20% for example. Might offset shipping.

anyway, try each of the codes and see what's available and what works best. they change these up and are only valid for certain periods on and off. so guess with them and try them and see what works. maybe someone will get lucky and find a valid code.

Also, before you order, join there Awards program. $500 purchase of the tanks got me a $20 gift certificate mailed to me later in the year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom