Fusion/Seasoft Tx3/BareXCD2/Waterproof Draco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone.

I tried on a white fusion tech and thought it was a pain to get into. I also didn't like having the zipper in the front. Plus, I'm starting to lean away from a trilam because I don't want to wear layer upon layer of undergarment. The fusion felt like i was wearing a garbage bag.

How does a person know what suit to get without having the opportunity to dive them? None of the LDS rent the suits I'm interested in. Needless to say, i'm worried about buying any suit (give the $$) without a test drive. How did others make their decision? Thanks

I usually wear 28 lbs with my old neoprene suits with a Viking open cell foam undergarment. Since I switched to a shell/MK3, I found I couldn't even get underwater without at least 40 lbs and I was shrink-wrapped and very cold. In order to be able to add some air for undergarment loft, I added another 5 lbs. This is in addition to my 30 cuft bailout bottle and negatively-buoyant camera setup. I dive an aluminum tank and no backplate. I've heard from a few other people that they have to wear about the same amount of weight with a shell suit and a thick undergarment. I'm very skinny so that might have something to do with it although I'm not sure what.

I have friends who wear DUI, Whites and Pinnacle. The DUI's are in the shop for repairs more than any other and it seems the repairs are quite expensive. The divers are however very loyal to the brand no matter how much they keep spending on them??? lol

Hi All,
I'm in the market for my first dry suit. Here are the factors that are most important, in no particular order:
1. Durability
2. Flexibility
3. Warmth
4. Quality/Workmanship
5. Warranty/Customer Service

Most of my diving is in the Pacific Northwest/Canada. Basically, I want a suit will feel like diving a regular 3 or 5mm suit, but will keep me warm due to the fact I get very cold very easily. I really don't want to wear more weight than I have to and would prefer to avoid ankle weights. Oh, and I don't want to feel like I'm diving in garbage bag. Here is a list of the final four:

Seasoft Scuba Tx3
Waterproof Draco
White Fusion Tech
Bare XCD2

I'd like to hear people's opinions and/or recommendation. I was learning toward getting Fourth Element undergarments. Thanks

Matt

#3 is not the dry suit's job, it is the undergarment's job :)

Thanks everyone.

I tried on a white fusion tech and thought it was a pain to get into. I also didn't like having the zipper in the front. Plus, I'm starting to lean away from a trilam because I don't want to wear layer upon layer of undergarment. The fusion felt like i was wearing a garbage bag.

You do not have to wear the layer after layer using trilam suits. You just get proper undergarment for your water temps. If you are in BC 400g would work most likely, this is what we use here.

Back
Top Bottom