Fusion one versus DUI 30/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Considering buying a "tropical" dry suit and figured since DRIS has a great price on the Fusion One backzip how it would fair as a warm water/travel drysuit. My TLS350 is great and actually pretty practical as a travel suit but if I can get something that packs even smaller for a reasonable price, I'd be interested.

For those that are familiar with both the 30/30 and the White's, how do they compare?

Do you really want a non self donning drysuit in the tropics where most patrons haven't touched a drysuit zipper before?

BRad

Considering buying a "tropical" dry suit and figured since DRIS has a great price on the Fusion One backzip how it would fair as a warm water/travel drysuit.

If you're considering buying a "tropical drysuit" why are you looking at the Fusion?

You're comparing apples and pumpkins. The fact that you can get a good price on a Fusion and that it packs small doesn't magically turn it into a warm-water drysuit.

As to the two suits...

I've got about 300 dives on my 30/30 over the past ten years. If you said I could never dive it again... I might give up diving altogether. At least warm-water diving.

I've worn a Fusion once. For about 20min. That's all I could take.

RJP, that's exactly what I was trying to find out. I have zero experience with the Fusion though I have seen one person wearing a Whites of some kind or other one time. I just know the different skins have different uses they're designed for and wasn't sure if one of those skins might be suitable as a warm water suit. I was hoping to get some feedback whether there really is any comparison or if it's, as you said, "apples and pumpkins". I appreciate the information.

I already have a TLS 350 and very much like it but I bought it for $200 so pulling the trigger on a full price second suit is a bit of a different animal.

bradells, I have no issue with self-donning a back zip suit. I have very flexible shoulders, apparently. That said, feedback like that is what I was looking for so thank you.

The 30/30 will breath on the surface. Not the fusion. The fact that you have wet boots on the 30/30 helps you cool down nice your out of the water. Loooove my 30/30

Very different suit. Fusion isn't the best suit for warm water. Bare skin (with sweat for sure) again dry core material is quite uncomfortable. If you want a suit that can be use in tropical occasionally only, but has the ability to be a backup suit for home, then Fusion is OK. I will say just get fusion sport or tech over fusion one. Being able to zip yourself in and out in a tropical location is a lot more important IMO.

DUI30/30 is a much better warm water suit. It is breathable and light weight. Being able to get your feet wet is nice way to cool down on surface. But a properly cut 30/30 won't be a good backup suit for colder water tho.

I know RJP will dispute this, wet suit is more practical in tropical warm water.

I know RJP will dispute this, wet suit is more practical in tropical warm water.

How on earth is that even germane to the OP, who is seeking information about different DRY SUITS for tropical water?

How on earth is that even germane to the OP, who is seeking information about different DRY SUITS for tropical water?
An alternative approach on thermal protection in tropical warm water.
Plenty of examples when someone asking a question eg. jacket bc and some of the subsequent reply will shift to BP/W!

If I go on a family vacation with a day or two of diving, I will probably use a wetsuit. In fact, I may just use full set of rental. But if I am going on a dive vacation, I will sure bring along a drysuit. In my last live aboard in Thailand, I brought a drysuit. On the first dive, others thought I am werid. Why in the world someone would dive a drysuit in Thailand. After the last dive on the first day (night), I slowly washed myself, clean up my gears, camera, even enjoy some drinks and fruits in my drysuit while other divers rush out of their wetsuit shiffering and wrapping tower around themselves. I know I mad the right decision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom