Fusion One drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Rohrer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Fusion One drysuit? I know it's very new, but I was hoping someone might be able to elaborate on its pros and cons.

To clarify, I'm looking at buying my first drysuit, and the Fusion One definitely has the right price point. I'm also considering the HOG Predator drysuit. I live in Ohio and quite enjoy local diving, so cold water is the norm. However, I wouldn't mind a drysuit that I can wear in warmer waters as well. If I'm going to pay this much, I might as well use it! :)

Thanks very much!
Jim

I don't have any experience with the back zip Fusion One, but I have five years of experience with Fusion dry suits, and I would highly recommend them. The One is at such a good price point -- there isn't much competing with it, and certainly nothing I know of that has the nice points of the Fusion, including durability, light weight, quick drying, and excellent mobility.

I rent one often and enjoy it thoroughly. Much more streamlined than a lot of the tri-lams I've used.

I pool dove a front zip. Loved the suit. Saw a back zip one this past week. The LDS demonstrated how you do the back zip yourself. Easy enough to be a selling point wrt price vs front zip.

I would like to hear more from owners about durability especially in the knee area, and the fabric in general. I don't have a feeling of how the suit holds up over the years....

Again, not the back zip, but I put 450 dives on my first Fusion, including a lot of crawling over limestone getting in and out of caves, and I had three leaks total -- one I made when I put the p-valve in, one in the upper arm that I never figured out (but patched with Gorilla tape) and one where the suit got torn when I fell off a dive boat in Florida, and I think any suit would have been damaged in that incident.

The Lycra skin pills a bit over time, and whatever the overlay at the knees is can flake a bit, but the suit actually holds up very well.

Again, not the back zip, but I put 450 dives on my first Fusion, including a lot of crawling over limestone getting in and out of caves, and I had three leaks total -- one I made when I put the p-valve in, one in the upper arm that I never figured out (but patched with Gorilla tape) and one where the suit got torn when I fell off a dive boat in Florida, and I think any suit would have been damaged in that incident.

The Lycra skin pills a bit over time, and whatever the overlay at the knees is can flake a bit, but the suit actually holds up very well.

Not knowing any better, I'm guessing that you were diving the Sport, or had they brought out the ladies Fit by then?

Can you comment on replaceable wrist seals vice the factory seamed ones? I see that DRIS does a custom job, but I don't fully get what the "whys" of what are doing re: seals to the inside skin vs seals to the outside skin...I should probably ask them, but just typing and thinking at the same time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom