Fusion Drysuit fit (Bullet/Tech skin)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I am looking to replace my current bare trilam HD which is the stock XL size. It works "ok" enough but is getting old and fit is not really good (legs and arms are too long but I make due). Someone suggested a Fusion drysuit as they work well when it comes to someone with low funds and a weird body shape. I am 5'8 with 30in inseem and weigh 220lbs. I carry most of my weight in my gut and I have weight swings from 195lbs-220 depending on time of year. At my heaviest (currently now) my waist measurement around my gut/love handles is about 45inches but at my leanest it gets down to 40inches. It would seem at my leanest an l/xl size would be best but wont work for me now so ive been looking into the 2xl/3xl but that appears to maybe too long (they recommend 32in minimum inseem). Can anyone confirm if they are shorter like me and dive this suit how the fit is like? I was hoping to get a used one in good condition for under 1000$. I do not have money for a custom fitting suit. Thoughts? thanks!

I'm 5'8 190ish with a 28" inseam and wear the L/XL size. I would not hesitate ti purchase the next size up as this suit is very flexible with sizing. The late TSandM has said that she used to dive her husbands L/XL and hers was a XXS/XS with no issues (not positive about the sizes but you should get the picture). Don't be afraid of the Sport skin. I started out with the Bullet and hated it, it was restrictive and just a bare to handle out of the water and to rinse. I then went to the Tech skin and thought that was much better and used that for a few years. Just last year I purchased a Sport skin and fell in love with the suit all over again! This is what the Fusion was meant to be, light weight, flexible, and durable. Their are many people diving caves, wrecks and crawling over rocks with the Sport skin with no issues. I truly believe that Whites came out with the Tech and Bullet skins because the main complaint with the suit when it first came out was that it was not going to be durable enough (mainly from people that have never dived the suit). So to sell to these people Whites came out with increasingly heavier and heavier skins to appease the masses, it may have taken away from the performance of the suit but it sold products.

I'm 5'8 190ish with a 28" inseam and wear the L/XL size. I would not hesitate ti purchase the next size up as this suit is very flexible with sizing. The late TSandM has said that she used to dive her husbands L/XL and hers was a XXS/XS with no issues (not positive about the sizes but you should get the picture). Don't be afraid of the Sport skin. I started out with the Bullet and hated it, it was restrictive and just a bare to handle out of the water and to rinse. I then went to the Tech skin and thought that was much better and used that for a few years. Just last year I purchased a Sport skin and fell in love with the suit all over again! This is what the Fusion was meant to be, light weight, flexible, and durable. Their are many people diving caves, wrecks and crawling over rocks with the Sport skin with no issues. I truly believe that Whites came out with the Tech and Bullet skins because the main complaint with the suit when it first came out was that it was not going to be durable enough (mainly from people that have never dived the suit). So to sell to these people Whites came out with increasingly heavier and heavier skins to appease the masses, it may have taken away from the performance of the suit but it sold products.
Thanks. Are you 190 because of muscle or fat? Not trying to be mean or anything just trying to get an idea of your body dimensions? How much more room for your gut do you think your l/xl size could allow should you gain weight?

I have a L/XL tech and roughly the same weight as you but a few inches taller. i have a 35/36 waist, 46 chest. 40 should be alright, but 44+ might not fit with the bullet or tech i think. not sure if the sport would give you enough space.

The fusion will fit a great many shapes. My inseam is 30 and the 2XL/3XL works fine. Best to get a size larger than smaller, the outer skin seems to make it like a custom fit.

Im 5'10 210lb now, i got both sizes l/xl and 2xl/3xl
I didn't fit comfortably in my l/xl when i was 195-200lb with 200g undies, movement was very restricted, got next size up and everything is great again, skin does its job and keeps everything compressed the way it should

Thanks. Are you 190 because of muscle or fat? Not trying to be mean or anything just trying to get an idea of your body dimensions? How much more room for your gut do you think your l/xl size could allow should you gain weight?
No worries, I'm 190 with not as much muscle as I would like:wink:. For a size comparison this is a photo I took when I had the suit inflated outside of the skin when I installed the p-valve. 100_0477_Small_

+1 for the sport skin. I have a few hundred dives on mine it it still looks like new and is plenty durable. You probably should go with the 2xl/3xl. I am 6' 2" and range between 190-210 lbs. depending on time of year. I have the 2xl/3xl and as others have said, the suit allows for lots of size flexibility and the sport skin will only aid that even more.

Proof positive that different strokes for different folks. I am 5'11" 210-215lb and I dive the L/XL and have never felt restricted in any way. I dive the Bullet skin and love it, fast drying is not an issue for me and if it was I would use the Sport skin (which I also have). The sizing on the Fusion is VERY flexible and for me personally it is very much like diving in my 5mm wetsuit, very comfy.

Proof positive that different strokes for different folks. I am 5'11" 210-215lb and I dive the L/XL and have never felt restricted in any way. I dive the Bullet skin and love it, fast drying is not an issue for me and if it was I would use the Sport skin (which I also have). The sizing on the Fusion is VERY flexible and for me personally it is very much like diving in my 5mm wetsuit, very comfy.
can you please do me a favor and measure around the widest part of your waist (not your pants size but literally around your gut and love handles)? I think since im 2.5 inches shorter than you and about the same weight that you likely have a much narrower waist than I do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom