Funny UEMIS experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly wry, I'v done a bit of mineral identification using petrographic microscopes with crossed polars. But I don't think OLED's emit polarised light. Maybe the glass cover has a polarised layer.

That sounds reasonable to me. I only enough physics and engineering to hang my self with.

you should be able to rotate the OLED and watch the screen appear and disappear as the polarization goes into an out of alignment with the sunglasses.

i believe the strength of the signal through the sunglasses should be A' = A cos( theta ), where theta is the angular difference between the polarization of the sunglasses and the OLED in radians. at theta = +/- pi/2 you get zero.

Well, silly me. It's just struck me that my DC screen may be polarised in the same plane as my sunnies with my head straight & the DC is normally oriented. So I just got up, walked across the room & rotated it 90o. Yep, the screen display just disappeared.

So, just for interest. Is the OLED emitting polarised light, or is there a polarised layer in the screen?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom