Fundraiser for turtle sanctuary in Roatan at the Asylum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will keep the turtles in sea-water ponds, feeding them on canned tuna for six months. Then they are fed small fish until they are 3 years old at which time they are returned to the ocean.
Where do these baby turtles come from and why are they kept contained? Also , While hawksbills are omnivores, their main diet is sponges, why are they fed tuna and then fish? Wouldn't it bebetter for them to eat their natural diet? Where do there injured baby turtles come from and how are there so many of them? , If I stop by next week will i see many of these injured baby turtles needing three years of rehab

I had no idea RTB was such a turtle fan. Sounds like a big donation is forthcoming!

I had no idea RTB was such a turtle fan. Sounds like a big donation is forthcoming!

I really wasn't until I heard about all these injured baby turtles , I had no idea the poachers would harm the little quarter sized turtles to the point they needed to be hand fed and held captive for three years

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom