Fun Diving with AIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArcticDiver:
Guess we aren't on the same wave length. You said you wished Coz would promote EAN more. The operators at Coz take your blend order one day, or when booking, and the cylinders are there for you when you want to dive. The one's I saw had extras laying around for the self-scheduled shore diving. Seemed to be accomodating to the max as far as I could see.

Were you putting two subjects into the same paragraph and going beyond the EAN subject under discussion? Something else?
I can only compare my own experiences.

In Bonaire, at both the Plaza and Cap't Don's Habitat, when you went through the orientation you checked off Nitrox. You paid a single fee for "all you can use" nitrox tanks, and checked them out of a pile of available tanks whenever you wanted them.

In Cozumel, at Aldora, they would provide you with Nitrox no problemo ... but you got it and paid for it one tank at a time (and it wasn't cheap).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:

In Bonaire, at both the Plaza and Cap't Don's Habitat, when you went through the orientation you checked off Nitrox. You paid a single fee for "all you can use" nitrox tanks, and checked them out of a pile of available tanks whenever you wanted them.

In Cozumel, at Aldora, they would provide you with Nitrox no problemo ... but you got it and paid for it one tank at a time (and it wasn't cheap).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh...I see what y'all mean.

My experience was a bit different. We were on a week group trip. Nitrox was part of the package. So, maybe different operators do it differently, eh?

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I'm wobbling my head in total agreement here.

My thoughts were that of the promotion of EAN. Some places will literally pour it down your lungs and include it in the cost, and make it real easy. Cozumel is not quite that type of place, and for my personal preference, I view that as somewhat of a negative.

Looking at a trip as a whole assuming I am going to dive nitrox throughout, it's actually cheaper to fly and stay in Bonaire than for us to go Coz, which has always been considered the poor-man's Riv.

I've used several different Op's on the island over several year and they've all operated the same as how Bob laid it out.

The other major difference is that in Bonaire I was doing a minimum of four dives a day ... in Cozumel I was doing a maximum of three dives a day.

In Bonaire, because it's so much easier to get a lot of bottom time, I NEEDED nitrox a lot more than I did in Cozumel ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom