Full Time RVer and future Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Fitz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am Jim Fitzpatrick, Retired USAF Instructor Navigator. I took SCUBA certification in 1973 in Junior College in CA. I dove a few times, then graduated college, joined the AF, stopped diving, and the rest, as they say is history. I'm now a full time RVer, workamping around the country, and want to get certified to dive when I am in Florida in Jan/Feb 2019. Looking forward to relearning about diving. Thanks for having me aboard.

You are allready certified :)

But you definitly need to learn everything from scratch, so no problem getting it done again.

I don't have my certification from those years ago, so probably need to start at square one. I understand it has changed quite a bit in the last 40 years too.

Welcome to the board from a fellow retiree and former RVer. Where have you workamped? We sold the RV 10 years ago and condo "snowbird" winters usually on the panhandle, if your FL travels takes you up that way to the "Tundra" as they say.

I don't have my certification from those years ago, so probably need to start at square one. I understand it has changed quite a bit in the last 40 years too.

Yes, it have changed much, did you ever used a BCD? Also we forget things we don't do, so over time its like starting from scratch.

Get a fresh OW cource and start learning from there.

An experienced beginner.
A lot has changed in 45 years, The last 15 or so have had a lot of changes that I can keep track of. So much has evolved over that time I can't imagine how different it will be for triple that time. Take it fresh.

Welcome. There are quite a number of U.S. areas with fine diving around; in Florida you've got the option for a wide range of diving. Although not terribly far apart, diving Key Largo vs. Jupiter vs. Blue Heron Bridge will offer drastically different experiences. Then there's the west coast, which I haven't dove. Depending on how far you roam, North Carolina and California can be a blast.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom