Full Face Mask Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have narrowed the choice for a full face mask down to masks made by Ocean Reef and the ATS Guardian. I would be interested in users comments as to the pros and cons of each. I heard that the Ocean Reef masks have a special valve to prevent free flowing when standing on your head. Why does the Guardian not need one of these as well?
Thanks

Not sure if you have heard of these but they come Highly recomended and from what I hear are more comfortable and have more option.

Dräger PN Dive Full-face mask | Military Diving | Diving Equipment | Diving equipment and systems | Products & Services

pndive_st-2671-2004.jpg

The Drager looks interesting but there seems to be a lack of vendors in the area. I want to stick with systems that are readily available and can be serviced in the states.
I will keep looking for local Drager representatives.
Thanks

go ots, but instead of the guardian, Id go with an AGA divator MKII... i just got mine and it blew my Scubapro... well - out of the water haha

AGA AGA AGA i cant say enough good things about it

They have locations here in the Staes in PA. Greg one of the Rep's his emial is listed beloew if you have any questions

3135 Quarry Road
Telford
PA
United States

+1 215-721-5400
+1 215-723-5935

info.usa@draeger.com
Driving directions

Farmerie, Greg <Greg.Farmerie@draeger.com>

Also another advantage of the Drager is that you can connect up to three different breathing systems up at once or two breathing systems and a Com. So your primary Air source and Back-up plus com.

Other ones can do this also which a lot of divers have is a gas switch block very simple and easy to use. Saves you from having to remove your mask in AAO situation.

Last edited:
I have both the AGA and Guardian. I prefer the guardian for the fit and overall comfort. With the AGA I tend to leak around the temples, not a problem with my Guardian.

I like my Ocean Reef Neptune Space from a comfort/feature perspective, but I like the OTS communications over the Ocean Reefs.

i like the aga because its slightly more robust and was designed more for commercial use. I do hull cleaning and i need something like AGA, where the silicone is nice and thick and resists wear. I dont have much experience diving other FFM.. but it definately upstaged that scubapro

Back
Top Bottom