Full Face Mask..and...Snot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, right off the bat I'm sorry about the "snot" thing. But that is the problem I wonder about.

I would love to have a full face mask , but the cost is way up there and there are two things I must be sure of before i come across with the cash....

1. My nose drains to beat the band when i dive a regular (cressi sub) mask....Would the FFM have the same effect on my sinuses ??

2. I really have to pinch my nose and sometimes blow hard to equalize. How big a problem is that in a FFM? I have had described to me that most of the FFMs have a "V" shaped apparatus you push up and it sqeezes your nose....but i worry it wouldnt seal my nose enuf....especially if it is in the high drain mode.

comments??

RICHinNC once bubbled...
1. My nose drains to beat the band when i dive a regular (cressi sub) mask....Would the FFM have the same effect on my sinuses ??

Probably, you'll have the same problem.

2. I really have to pinch my nose and sometimes blow hard to equalize. How big a problem is that in a FFM? I have had described to me that most of the FFMs have a "V" shaped apparatus you push up and it sqeezes your nose....but i worry it wouldnt seal my nose enuf....especially if it is in the high drain mode.

Blowing hard is not recommended at all. Maybe you should combine few techniques to find out the best for you.

MonkSeal

Cressi also makes the "bare bones" FFM that you can just plug any old regulator into, costs $60 - $100. (depending on retailer)
You just clamp onto the schnozz via the nose pocket.
Your booger problem may decrease slightly, but if you spend any time in cold water, having slime tracks through your moustache & beard is pretty normal.
Rinse well before getting into boat, some folks won't tell you about the mess & you'll be wandering around for hours like that.:eek:

Thanks BB3......

Well being an old guy....they dont tell me my zipper is down either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom