Fuji V's Olympus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Doubler, I've seen a fair amount of bad shots taken with fuji P&S especially without an external strobe but as they're pretty cheap & easy to get hold of in the UK, a lot of people use them.

Thanks JackConnick. Think the indestructible factor could be useful if students are using them. Was looking at the T6000 & T8000, a camera that is waterproof to 33' could be a useful feature to have in case they flood it!

Yes, my 2 cents is that if you're dealing with students and want a more carefree approach then the added protection of the olympus submersible line would be of great value. If you house them and someone gets a leak the camera would survive and all is well. Students + Orings = leaks

Sure Phrixus. Contact me offline if you want a quantity order of Olympus, I ship internationally.

BTW, I checked with Fuji and the only housings they have left in stock are ones for the F100 and the new F200. If anyone wants one f the others, you'd better beat feet to a retailer with leftover stock.

Jack

Sure Phrixus. Contact me offline if you want a quantity order of Olympus, I ship internationally.

BTW, I checked with Fuji and the only housings they have left in stock are ones for the F100 and the new F200. If anyone wants one f the others, you'd better beat feet to a retailer with leftover stock.

Jack

Thanks Jack, :kiss2: think we're getting them direct from the manufacturer which is why it's the choice between Olympus & Fuji.

I would like to think that is our specialty, diver friendly cameras.

With our digitals we have set u/w programs that are for use with or without external flash. The camera has all it's settings preset and all you have to do is point and shoot. If you really want there are some manual options available as well but most divers are lloking for the simplest to use.

I kinda think pointing the camera at the subject and hitting the shutter point seems kinda simple. Heck, the Digital Pro Flash now has an auto setting which adjusts the flashs output as well.

Need simpler than that?

Back
Top Bottom