Fuji Finepix F10 colour balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have taken some underwater pictures with my camera as described above.

I took the picture of a white slate when I got down to the correct depth, and then proceeded to take the rest of the pics. Do I have to do something else to white balance my pictures, because most of the pictures have still come out very blue, apart from the ones with a flash.

If I have missed a stage, is it possible to make the camera white balance the rest of the pictures automatically, orr do I have to do it manually?

If I have to do it manually can you reccoment a free program that will batch convert a number of pictures to white balance them based on a slate picture?

The pictures are all in jpeg format unfortunately (i didn't know about the possibility of taking them in RAW format when I went out)...

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

Can no-one help?

I thought someone would be able to answer at least one of my questions...

I assume that before you took a photo of the white slate, you put the camera into manual white balance mode? I had a quick look at dpreview for this model and I didn't see it, so can't check to see that it can even do this, so you'll need to fill us in.

Once you set your manual white balance, you do not usually use your flash at all.

If the camera has not done the white balance you want, I would guess you have to do it out of the camera and on your computer. This is usually a post processing technique.

I think Picasa may be able to do this color correction. If not, perhaps check on Gimp.

Does your camera have a RAW option? I don't know...

Back
Top Bottom