Ft. Myers - Sept. 4-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all Conchers!

I will be down in Ft. Myers from the 4th through the 8th of September with my wife and would love to set up a day and time to meet up with some peoples and dive.

We get in on the 4th and fly out on the 8th so the 5-7 would be best.

A shore dive is preferable as my wife wants to snorkel while I am diving. No problem in driving to Ft. Lauderdale or in a reasonable distance up or down on the west coast. Was thinkning about hitting Venice or Bradenton anyway.

I'll be bringing everything but weights and a tank so I'll need recomendatons of a good dive shop to rent at. Is a 5mm full ok for Early September? Been diving for a cuople of years, PADI OW with 35 or so dives in.

Thanks and drop me a note here on the board, PM me or drop me a note at work at jeffrey.l.lovell.cjq0@statefarm.com

Thanks and looking forward to getting wet!!

Jeff

In what part of town will you be staying? There are lots of excellent shops in the area. I'll be out of town during your stay, but there are other folks here who I'm sure will be happy to dive with you.

on Estero Blvd. Wife wanted to be right on the sand.

I don't need to get a shop there but can go where ever I can buddy up with someone.

Too bad I won't see ya!

Jeff

I live at Fort Myers Beach on San Carlos Island. Our local Dive Shop goes to the Keys for most dives. We usually do Marathon monthly and a Key Largo trip is planned this coming weekend. See the Dive Shops newsletter at the link below.

Dean's Dive Shop, Fort Myers, FL

http://www.deansdivecenter.com/

Tim

a 5 mil will be rather warm in September. I have some comp time I was thinking about burning, let me know if you want to hit Venice beach when you get here, I'll take a day off.

Hi Reefguy,

Sent you a PM.

All I have is a 5mm full and a farmer john 7mm, so I'll bring the 5mm. Let me know when is good and we can further corrdinate something!

Jeff

PM sent back. Looking forward to meeting you.

AevnsGrandpa:
Hi Reefguy,

Sent you a PM.

All I have is a 5mm full and a farmer john 7mm, so I'll bring the 5mm. Let me know when is good and we can further corrdinate something!

Jeff

Reefguy Jeff.. let me know the day, I think I may have to join in... we'll look for the rest of my mastadon! :)

AvensGrandpa Jeff - I don't know if you'll want to wear anything more than a skin. Water temps right now are in the upper 80's to lower 90's. :)

Thanks Colin,

Might end up going over to the east coast, as the wife wants to snorkel and see things other than sand and shark teeth......touching bases with a few on the Lauderdale side...

Jeff

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom