Ft. Myers 7-17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey All,

Is there anyone diving in the Fort Myers area this coming up Saturday? Along with going diving, would you mind if I tag along? If not I will probably drive to Jupiter and back.

Thanks,
Joe

Hey JustJoe,

There are several boarders in the Ft. Myers area but there are not many good shore dives that I know of. Mostly have to have a boat to get anywhere for a good dive, not like the other coast.

Maybe CBulla or Walter can give you a suggestion on what dive boat to take out. I'm about 30-40mins north of Ft. Myers. The only shore dive we do around here is Venice Beach.

Wildbill:cop_2:

Hey WildBill,

I have been reading quite a bit about the diving on this coast. Being originally from WPB, I am more familiar with the East coast, although it has been some time since I was very active diving (not withstanding a few weeks ago).

My main problem is that I don't have any dive buddies here. Once again, the wrong coast (to live anyway) is where my buddies live and they hate boat rides so to get them over here will be a chore.

Maybe one day you wouldn't mind showing me the Venice shore dive?

Joe

JustJoe,

My bad, I thought that you were just going to be here for the weekend. You are more then welcome to join us on any dive at Venice. Several of us go almost every weekend. Just keep an eye on the Florida Conch Diver Section (FCD) for the days and ask for directions or I can PM them to you. Regulars that go there are Walter and CBulla from Ft. Myers area and ReefGuy lives up here just a few minutes from me. Venice is about another 30-35min north from me so it's around an hour for you but worth the drive on most days. I know I can speak all of us that you can come up anytime and you are sure to have a dive buddy there.

Wildbill:cop_2:

I'd be happy to go out. Friday I am hitching out with some other SBers from NJ who are down.. maybe we can get NovaFury interested in a Saturday dive trip. :)

CBulla:
I'd be happy to go out. Friday I am hitching out with some other SBers from NJ who are down.. maybe we can get NovaFury interested in a Saturday dive trip. :)

I thought I had missed out so I made other plans today, before I got this message. Sorry. But I am up for the 24th.

Joe

JustJoe,
You can send a PM to either myself or Cbulla about when we are planning our next local dive here in Ft Myers, As I try and get my boat in the water every other weekend if possible and if I haven't made other plans to join other SBiers as Cbulla stated.
Venice is awsome have only been once but I may have to join WildBill again you want a good buddy hit him up just watch out he has a tendacy to try and run into you when looking for ya LOL Sorry Yale had to throw that in there......

Sent you a PM Brian. I am doing a dive with Dean's Saturday. I'm looking forward to it. It will be my first dive in the Gulf and my first with Dean's. Should be interesting.

Hey WildBill, my wife said that I "must" bring her a tooth from a megaladon (sp?). It looks like I will be heading up to Venice in the next few weeks. I would love to hook up and dive with you. Let me know when a good time will be. Please don't run into me.......... :D

Joe

Hey Joe, sorry I didnt get back to ya yet - I checked with an intructor friend of mine here and she spoke very highly of Deans and their boat. If you wouldn't mind, would you write a review of your experience afterwards :D

I will post a dive report. I will do it under a new thread title though.

Joe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom