Ft Lauderdale Tire Cleanup Documentary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triple Knot

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow divers!

My name is Brian Dery, President of Triple Knot Productions. For the past few years I have been interested in the story of the failed artificial reef program that was laid into place during the 1970's.

There are currently over 2 million tires sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic doing nothing but sometimes washing up on shore, killing or hurting already existing reefs. The Navy is looking into getting the tires up off the ocean floor and estimate that they can get 800 off a day and assuming they do it everyday (which I was in the Navy, and they don't work that fast) it would take almost 7 years.

My company is based in Tampa and we are currently in pre-production of a documentary about the whole mess. How it started, what can and will be and is being done about it.

We are asking for pledges so we can help get this mission complete. Triple Knot Productions is a for-profit company but is working totally FREE on this film and any monies made from it will go to the cleanup. Any donations you would care to make is and will be directed to the organizations that is responsibile for cleaning this up.

Please visit our site at www.tripleknotproductions.net and if you would like to make a donation please email us at info@tripleknotproductions.net

Thank you,

Brian K Dery
President
Triple Knot Productions

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom