Ft. Lauderdale Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubacurious

Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any dive shops in Ft. Lauderdale. I will be visiting in March and want to get my OW certification. I have spoken with ProDive and Lauderdale Divers so far. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks so much!

DixieDivers.com I never used them but I just got off the phone with them about setting up some charters seem to be real good group of divers.

Fort Lauderdale has some of the best dive shops in the country: a list. At the site listed, Fill Express, be sure to read around, incredibly informative. Fill Exprees is run by two of the most experienced instructors that you'll ever meet, and of course, their fills are state of the art.

I've only gone diving a few times in that area; however, I did dive with Dixi Divers in December and was quite pleased with their performance in comparision with the other group I had gone with. I didn't feel like part of a herd with Dixi. Safe, nice boat, great equipment.

The pollution in that area bothers me though. Seems like even the turtles look sad.

ProDive is a great center for your OW cert. They have use of a large pool, and a very nice boat for diving off of.

While fill-express is a great shop... they are more suited to divers with experience, who have their own equipment. I get my fills there all the time, and I would consider talking to them about advanced nitrox, deco, trimix, or rebreather training.

I did my IANTD Nitrox class with Mark. I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge. I would agree, he would definitely be an instructor to consider if someone was going the IANTD training route in the Pompano area. FillExpress also has a range of DiveRite tech gear for rent, my first dives with a BP/W were using one of their rental Transplates.

Plus, that has to be one of the coolest fill stations of all time. :D

Edit: Sorry for the threadjack. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maximaculpa...

Yes... Fill-express is cool... but the poster of the thread asked about his OW certification. Since he mentioned ProDive, it sounds like he's getting a PADI OW cert, which ProDive would be a good choice for that... Their prices are reasonable too.

Thanks for all the advice, I certainly appreciate it. I spoke with ProDive and I am not sure that their schedule will work with my schedule and they said that they wouldn't be able to give me private instruction. Dixie Divers and Lauderdale Divers said they would be able to work around my schedule though, so I'll guess I'll give one of them a shot. Thanks again for all the help.

You mighy also call South Florida Dive Headquarters, which is technically in Pompano Beach. They were willing to work with my son and I on scheduling an Advanced OW course over a long weekend (this coming Easter). I have not dived with them yet, but they were very friendly, and cooperative.
Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom